Wanted: Original Super Soaker 50. Any condition. Broken or old is good.

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
hksludge

Wanted: Original Super Soaker 50. Any condition. Broken or old is good.

Post by hksludge » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:19 am

Hi Guys.
I'm looking for the original yellow and green Super Soaker 50. Any condition is fine, working or broken, old or new. Its for a photoshoot.

Let me know if you have one. You'll get it back after the shoot if you want it back. I promise! Let me know if you have one, and I can offer cash or buy you a new super soaker so you'll get another one free!

Cheers

-Josh
Last edited by hksludge on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker_com

Re: Wanted: Original Super Soaker 50. Any condition. Broken or old is good.

Post by isoaker_com » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:10 pm

Would you need an actual original Super Soaker 50 or the re-released Super Soaker 50 that looks virtually identical? The re-releases pop up a lot of eBay.com (though, granted, I don't see any listings for one presently). Also, if I may ask, what sort of photoshoot are you needing that particular Super Soaker for?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

hksludge

Post by hksludge » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Oh, I wasn't aware that they re released it. Well if it looks like the original, that would be ideal. The reason I'm after the SS50 is because everyone knows what these are, at least if they're my age. I'll keep checking ebay, but i haven't been successful for a while.

About my photo shoot:
Its going to be for a grunge rock band. You know the carnival games where you shoot stuff and win prizes? There's also ones where you feed moving mechanical clown heads a ball and where the ball lands you get a prize? You get the idea.

Well I'm going to dress up the 4 band members as clowns at one of these carnival stalls. The background will have various "funny" prizes, and I'll have a row of super soaker 50s on a bench, but instead of the super soaker water reservoir, it will have a "long neck" beer bottle, and there'll be kids squirting beer into the face of one of the band members.

It's one image, but there's a lot happening. I only need one ss50 pistol, as multiple ones will be photoshopped in. Condition wise doesn't matter either because the overall look of the image will be gritty.
Attachments
ssoaker50.jpg

hksludge

Post by hksludge » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:09 pm

You can lend me the super soaker, I'll arrange to have it sent back after the shoot.
Last edited by hksludge on Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:32 pm

If I could, I would lend you one for the photo shoot, but unfortunately, it's just not possible for me at the moment. I'd love to see what imagery you're planning to do. If you could make do with images, I might be able to assist there. That said, there are some others here who might be able to help you out or at least help you find one. Good luck and if you can, please do share your completed images with the group!

Soak on!

hksludge

Post by hksludge » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:07 am

Hi isoaker. Could you clarify what you mean by make do with images? Did you mean send you some I've already done, or are you talking about the ones i'm intending to make? Yeah, I'm sure someone will here will be able to lend me one for the shoot.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:05 pm

hksludge wrote:Hi isoaker. Could you clarify what you mean by make do with images? Did you mean send you some I've already done, or are you talking about the ones i'm intending to make? Yeah, I'm sure someone will here will be able to lend me one for the shoot.
Oh, I was referring to the statement you made about photoshopping in an SS50. If you were unable to get your hands on a physical one, I could help with digital media. I would have been willing to lend you the actual soaker, but that part of my collection is presently inaccessible to me at the moment. Hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on one soon.

CROC

Post by CROC » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:07 pm

I have a few SS50s, and I barely use them. Where is the photoshoot taking place? I don't think I can send them to you if you are outside of canada.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

CROC

Post by CROC » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Sorry for the double post, but iSoaker, can I use you as a buffer (I send you an SS50, and you send it to hksludge)? I don't think that I can send them directly

EDIT: sorry hksludge, but since I cannot send things out of Canada, I may not be able to send it to you.
Last edited by CROC on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Croc

hksludge

Post by hksludge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am

Hi Croc,

Wow. Thanks for the reply, I was starting to think that no one had any anymore. Well I'm actually quite a long way away - I'm in Sydney Australia. I can arrange postage I'll cover the cost of sending it here (and back if you want it returned). Why do you think you'd be unable to send it outside of Canada? Also, I have a cousin in Toronto and a good friend in New York State if that helps. Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

Hi iSoaker, ah, I get what you mean now. With photoshopping, I meant that if I had a SS50 I could shoot that one in different positions and then comp them into the image so it looks like I have a few of them. One will be in a kids hand squirting one of the clowns, I'll have about 3 others on the bench in different positions. I'll still need one to begin with as it would be impossible to illustrate on to the level of detail needed for this image.

Oh, if you would be willing to lend me one later, when its more convenient for you, then that would be fantastic, as I'm unable to proceed with the shoot without a SS50 anyway, and there's no *real* urgency in getting the image made.

Cheers

Josh.
Last edited by SSCBen on Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CROC

Post by CROC » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:39 pm

I might be able to, now that you mention it. If you send a box or something that I could put them in, I could send them to you. Or, I could send them to your friend in Toronto. However, probably in a few months I could send it to you directly
-Croc

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:51 pm

@hksludge: I have images of the Super Soaker 50 taken at a variety of angles, but of course, if Croc does manage to lend you one, it'd obviously be the better solution. In the meantime, if I do manage to get access to one I can also send your way or if I see one you can acquire sooner, I'll let you know. Good luck with the eventual photoshoot and would love to see what ends up coming out of it!

hksludge

Post by hksludge » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:54 am

Croc: Yeah that would be great. Hey, could you send me an email at josh@joshtam.com and I'll contact you with further details regarding postage etc.

iSoaker: If Croc could send me one, that would be problem solved. I'll definitely post the end result of the pics here, when its all done. It should be a really fun image and I can't wait to start it!

Josh

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:40 pm

Not sure if you still check this thread, but if so, there's an SS50 on sale on eBay.
SS50
Seller lists only shipping to US, but sometimes they are willing to ship outside if you ask.