Wanted To Buy: Quick Fill Cap

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
Mr. Javi

Wanted To Buy: Quick Fill Cap

Post by Mr. Javi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:07 pm

Hello,

I'm looking to replace my lost quick fill cap, if anyone has a spare cap that might be for sale, that they are not using please let me know.

It would be for a 2004 Super Soaker Elite Triple Shot like the one pictured below.

Last edited by Mr. Javi on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:43 am

I believe you can get a new quick fill cap through the Super Soaker replacement order form. :cool:

Mr. Javi

Wnated To Buy: Quick Refill Cap

Post by Mr. Javi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:46 pm

I searched and found that the Hasbro order form, I called their toll free number and they told me that because I had a 2004 Soaker model they did not have that part for my model.

I also noticed that the one Quick Fill Cap they have on the order form is for the newer Super Soakers, I had bought a new Super Soaker Arctic Blast at Target and they have a newer fill cap from the ones I have, they are a bit bigger, so those won't fit my Super Soaker Triple Shot.

I did noticed that the quick fill caps are interchangeable between my Super Soaker Triple Shot (2005) and my Super Soaker Aggressor (2004).

So anyone out there that has any of those two that they are not using, I'll buy a cap from you guys.

I figure I ask here since Hasbro.com could not help me.

Thanks.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:51 pm

I just tried and the cap used on 2007 max infusion 100oz aquapaks are exactly the same as the one on my triple shot. So you could go to your local store where they sell super soakers and buy one of these:

MAX INFUSION AQUAPACK

There is your quick fill cap :) .
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:23 pm

Because of the potential confusion, I'm sure JL means the orange cap on top for filling the backpack, as opposed to the orange cap that fits into the MAX-I gun caps.

It's kind of an expensive thing to buy just for a cap though, so you should ask Hasbro if they have a replacement Aquapack Cap instead of a Triple Shot cap.

Mr. Javi

Post by Mr. Javi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:37 pm

Teh Moron wrote:Because of the potential confusion, I'm sure JL means the orange cap on top for filling the backpack, as opposed to the orange cap that fits into the MAX-I gun caps.

It's kind of an expensive thing to buy just for a cap though, so you should ask Hasbro if they have a replacement Aquapack Cap instead of a Triple Shot cap.
I guess I'm going to have to give up on it, since I cannot find a replacement, when I spoke to the hasbro help line, they did not have the replacement part anymore, I don't think I'll be buying the Aquapack just for the cap.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:19 pm

That's pretty lame, especially considering that BBT offers replacement caps on 2003-2005 guns for free, but then again, you can't expect too much from Hasbro. (then again, BBT always uses the same cap on most of their guns, perhaps that's part of why they can offer free replacements, even though their caps come off easily) But considering Hasbro had the great idea of not using cap tethers on, it's pretty bad that they don't offer the caps anymore.

There's one possibility but it's quite a stretch. Cover up the hole and make your own cap/ball valve out of PVC. Lots to drill and glue up, and may not be a good idea, but I thought I'd suggest it. It might be easier to find something that happens to thread on but that's also quite a stretch.

The quick fill caps for these PR guns are significantly different than those on Max-Infusion backpacks.

Mr. Javi

Post by Mr. Javi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:48 pm

C-A_99 wrote:That's pretty lame, especially considering that BBT offers replacement caps on 2003-2005 guns for free, but then again, you can't expect too much from Hasbro. (then again, BBT always uses the same cap on most of their guns, perhaps that's part of why they can offer free replacements, even though their caps come off easily) But considering Hasbro had the great idea of not using cap tethers on, it's pretty bad that they don't offer the caps anymore.

There's one possibility but it's quite a stretch. Cover up the hole and make your own cap/ball valve out of PVC. Lots to drill and glue up, and may not be a good idea, but I thought I'd suggest it. It might be easier to find something that happens to thread on but that's also quite a stretch.

The quick fill caps for these PR guns are significantly different than those on Max-Infusion backpacks.
I don't know why Hasbro did not use a plastic attachment so you don't loose the cap from your Super Soaker, about using glue, I kind of wanted to keep all nice and clean, so maybe I'll wait on that. Also Hasbro should of kept the same cap for all the Super Soakers, so you don't have different part numbers and then they don't produce anymore replacement parts.

After all this, at the end I received a free NERF N-Strike Tech Target, which I really don't like and my kids don't like it either, they saw it arrive today, they were expecting a Super Soaker.