Wanted: Monster XL

Advertisments by potential buyers. Post here if you're looking for a soaker.
ultimategamr

Wanted: Monster XL

Post by ultimategamr » Sat May 06, 2006 4:14 pm

hi guys i live in uk and will pay up to $80 (plus shipping to UK with USPS air mail) for a monster from members...if any1 has any frends or links please tell or pm me...cheers
Last edited by ultimategamr on Sat May 06, 2006 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 06, 2006 4:21 pm

Welcome to SSC Forums!

$80 just might get a Monster XL--but only from eBay in the off-season. Practically everybody here who has CPS weaponry either got theirs when stores still stocked it or off eBay. You'll have a better selection at eBay due to the amount of buyers and sellers there, anyway.

ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Sat May 06, 2006 4:22 pm

yeah its just ebay has been pretty empty recently..1 going now but too wxpensive and i missed another 1 becuz was outbid by $1!!!! :mad:

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat May 06, 2006 4:57 pm

You live in the UK - yet you quote in dollars? Why not quote "£45 ($80)" instead?

Time for a brief rant about the MXL:

The monster XL is very over-rated by new warriors, and under-rated by some more experienced users. It weighs a huge amount, isn't very mobile, and isn't very powerful - I have seen more power in smaller soakers.

Many new users assume that the largest gun is the most powerful. This is not the case.

There are probably better weapons to bid on for the money. Ones with more power or capacity, and not so in demand (for reasons I cannot understand) that they are either expensive, or you cannot beat everyone for it.

Assuming that you still want a Monster XL:

I think that £45 is asking someone to be quite generous, given what these can go for.

You might get one in the off-season, but we are moving into the summer, so expect to see prices to rise.

Assuming that you are looking for something else:

Ask on the forums "What will best fit these requirements?", list your requirements, and then check out the suggestions on isoaker.com
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Sat May 06, 2006 4:59 pm

im on isoaker as well with same user...have posted smae topic there to....jus ttell me of some1 is selling and ill see how high i can go.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 06, 2006 5:47 pm

Nobody in his or her right mind will sell a MXL for only $80 this time of year...if I wanted to get rid of mine (and use the money to buy two CPS 1500s or another better soaker), I would just sell it on eBay--there's a much larger customer base, and I could get more money for it.

Of course, there's one good thing about the MXL--it has an enormous PC. Sure, it take you at least 60 pumps, but then you have a ton of time, even with both nozzles firing at high output. However, the mobility really kills it--especially if you're using the bipod.

ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Sat May 06, 2006 5:52 pm

plz dnmt post comments about the monster here...just links or quotes

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 06, 2006 6:49 pm

ultimategamr wrote:please dnmt post comments about the monster here...just links or quotes
I should have asked you earlier...can you please use proper spelling and grammar? It's always annoying, but then there are times when the reader can't even understand what the author is saying. What in the world does "dnmt" mean? Is it supposed to be "don't?"

You don't have to use poor English just because you are new here--and I'm sure you know how to use better grammar and such. Thanks...

ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Sat May 06, 2006 6:50 pm

sorry but im 14 and like to slang (dnmt wasa mistake) im typing fast.....I WANT A MONSTER XL please

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat May 06, 2006 7:01 pm

SilentGuy wrote:Sure, it take you at least 60 pumps, but then you have a ton of time, even with both nozzles firing at high output. However, the mobility really kills it--especially if you're using the bipod.

Pumping is just 43-45 (I have owned 7 and sold 6, so its a universal pumping amount). WHich is understandible with 2 CPS chambers.

ultimategamr, you are asking the wrong people to sell you a soaker on demand. Everyone here would sell on ebay during summer season, especialy since even a Monster X can go beyond $80. I myself would like another CPS 2000 MK.2 or CPS 2500, but I will have to wait till fall. I would advice you to get a CPS 2500 or CPS 3200 from german ebay. Those have usualy more power than any of the Monsters and your budget would cover it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 06, 2006 7:56 pm

ultimategamr, if you expect to use our service, you should also expect to follow the rules involved. I can guarantee that less people want to sell you a water gun from their impression of you, which online can only really be given in how you act and write. Your demanding nature is a big turn-off. Essentially, listen to what people tell you and don't get mad if you don't get what you want. This website is a service to you and the least you can do is show some respect to the people who use it.

As others have told you, eBay would be your best bet. This isn't a store, so you can not expect someone to sell you a Monster XL on demand.

Also try looking around locally. Try local stores. Try asking if they can look in the back. Try Sports Authority, Sports Mart, Rite Aid, CVS, and Toys'R'Us. Those stores typically do not clear out their stock quickly. Also try Freecycle, but remember to not annoy them because they are service to you.

ultimategamr

Post by ultimategamr » Sat May 06, 2006 8:34 pm

lol im not getting mad or demanding....i just come across like that....

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 07, 2006 2:14 am

SilentGuy wrote:
ultimategamr wrote:please dnmt post comments about the monster here...just links or quotes
I should have asked you earlier...can you please use proper spelling and grammar? It's always annoying, but then there are times when the reader can't even understand what the author is saying. What in the world does "dnmt" mean? Is it supposed to be "don't?"

You don't have to use poor English just because you are new here--and I'm sure you know how to use better grammar and such. Thanks...
ultimategamr wrote:sorry but im 14 and like to slang (dnmt wasa mistake) im typing fast.....I WANT A MONSTER XL please
I actually find it slightly amusing that a n00b can be reprimanded for atrocious spelling and grammar, and immediately after that, come up with the worst "excuse" that I have ever seen. I'm fourteen too, so I know we should all be able to speak and type proper English (although informal English is generally acceptable at forums). I don't think anybody likes slang at the SSC forums, so please don't use it; and fast typing isn't required if you're not writing a long post filled with content.

That out of the way, back to the topic: Ben basically listed every source you could ever get a CPS soaker from. I got my only CPS soaker--a CPS 4100--as overstock in Target last year. You could also try your friends, as there probably are a ton of people with CPS power who don't even realize the value of what they have that's collecting dust.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun May 07, 2006 5:10 pm

I did mean to post something about "grama an spielin" but didn't have time.

As has already been said, the people on this forum are some of the sharper tools in the box - they know what a Monster XL can sell for, so they are going to go for as much as possible.

Your best bet is to go for ebay, but again, prices can rise quite a lot.

One of the best ways to find a bargain is to search for misspelt listings or badly listed Monster XLs - it happens quite often and they won't be found by as many people, so prices won't be as high.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 13, 2006 5:26 pm

The problem is that barely anybody who has such a soaker--especially ones that are not in use--doesn't know about the value of his or her product. I can attest that local garage sales would give you the widest variety of and the least financial competition for such a soaker. For example, Super Soaker may have sold a million soakers, though only a fraction of them are still in use and so few are sold on eBay. You could also ask your friends if they have any old soakers.