xp 90 replacement bottle

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
etown

xp 90 replacement bottle

Post by etown » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 am

Hi all,

had this gun many moons ago, and if any of you can remeber there was a re-call due to the water bottles malfunctioning, or breaking due to being over pressurized. So, I am here to ask if any of you:

A - Have a spare xp 90 bottle or a broken xp 90 you are willing to part with(with bottle of course)

B - know of any other of the xp or xxp series water bottles that may fit the xp 90

C - know where or how I could make something to do the job? (I would try the backpack option, but the xp90 also pressurizes in the same tank, so I am not sure if a backpack would work)

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I have wanted to get this gun going again for years,

Thanks.
Last edited by etown on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

atvan

Re: xp 90 replacement bottle

Post by atvan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:19 am

Welcome to SSC!

You could make a tank out of PVC. You could also add a cap to this to make it easier to use.

etown

Post by etown » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:45 pm

yes i was hoping there would be some kind of mod out there to let me add a fill cap to the reservoir. where could i find some examples of a mod like this?

also, i am quite curious as to if the bottles of any of the other xp or xxp series guns would fit. has anyone ever tried? I am particularly curious about the xp175 and the xp 85 triple shot. I am pretty sure those bottles are pretty close in size, and I cant imagine the threads of the bottle would be much different. does anyone have some of these guns that would be willing to check into this?

Thanks

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:17 pm

This mod has not been done very often if at all, due to the fact that these older guns were fragile and somewhat rare. It would not be very difficult.

You may want to check eBay as well. Of the bottle just has a crack, you can try to epoxy it. You may want to cover the whole bottle just to reinforce it. Tell us how this works out!

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:26 pm

atvan wrote:This mod has not been done very often if at all, due to the fact that these older guns were fragile and somewhat rare. It would not be very difficult.

You may want to check eBay as well. Of the bottle just has a crack, you can try to epoxy it. You may want to cover the whole bottle just to reinforce it. Tell us how this works out!

I had XP90's way back when, and the way the bottles broke its not that easy or may not be possible to epoxy fix them, the bottles were made too thin by the threads and the threads would break off or crack at the bottom where the bottle starts to spread out into its cylindrical area. The threads of the bottle would then be stuck in the soaker and pliers would need to be used to try to get them out
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

etown

Post by etown » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Unfortunately, i threw out the bottle years ago, so no fix can be done. also i was really banking on of of the bottles from the other gun to swap out. if I could find some PVC pipe to thread into the gun i may give that a shot. although a backpack with this gun would be really cool

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:27 pm

I seem to remember a threaded pvc reservoir somewhere. The guy ended up leaving it attached and used a ball valve to fill it.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.