cps 2500 nozzle repair

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Never WriteTwice

Re: cps 2500 nozzle repair

Post by Never WriteTwice » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 am

Here's the inside of mine, funny I only had eight screws.

There is a rubber...I'm gonna call it a gasket about 1/16th of an inch under the screw holes (about 1/4 of an inch from the outside). There shouldn't be any glue on or past that. I would suggest cutting down a tiny bit past the screw holes if you haven't already. Then insert a small flat head screwdriver and gently begin to pry it all the way around.

If that doesn't work you can try submerging it in hot (but not boiling) water, that will help weaken the bond.

Sorry if my first post wasn't very descriptive/helpful. Mine just kind of popped apart unexpectedly before I could even change out my box knife for my hacksaw, so I guess I assumed it would be that easy for everyone. My bad.

Turns out my problem was the rubber washer at the end of the trigger pin, or lack thereof. It fell out as soon as I got it apart, and it appears too badly warped to do it's job anymore. I just hope Ace sells a replacement.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:27 pm

The colors are different. Perhaps Shrike has a different mark. DX, what are the known marks of the 2500 and their differences?

Edit: it seems that there are no noted internal differences between the marks of the 2100. Shrike and NeverWriteTwice, enrich the community and go to the review of the 2500 on this site and tell us what mark of the gun you have.
Last edited by atvan on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:35 am

I am of no help here, as all of my 2500s have been MK2, the version with marked nozzles.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Never WriteTwice

Post by Never WriteTwice » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:54 am

Looks like mine is a Mark 2.

Shrike

Post by Shrike » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 am

Ive checked and appearently mine is also a mark 2. theres probably more versions than we know of as the nozzle valves have different colors.

Ive cut well past the screw holes and it seems that my gun doesnt have a rubber gasket as i havent seen any black rubber shreds coming out of the seam while cutting it. Maybe mine is just glued tightly with some pretty nasty epoxy. oh and i had only 8 screws too, wasnt able to count properly :)
ive tried getting it apart with a screw driver, didnt work.

ill try putting it in hot water, thanks for the advice. if that wont help i guess ill just continue cutting it with my small saw.
i dont have time to continue repairing until next weekend, so youll have to wait until then for more info on how it goes.

thx for helping people

shrike

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:17 am

If you cannot open/fix the nozzle, GJiv may be able to help you replace it completely, like he did on his 1500. I think he said he replaced the valve. If I'm not going crazy If I have not completely lost my mind, he will be able to help you.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Shrike wrote:hey, its me again.

last weekend we were in austria on holiday and we had a spontanious, massive squirt-fest

hoho! Really ? You were in AUSTRIA :D hehe, nice thing! Why did not you meet me there ? AUstria is not that big, I think about 7 hours from the leftest place to the rightest with the car... :D

Well, I am not really "refreshed" at the moment but from what I read, your CPS 2500 is leacking from the nozzle when pressurized, right ? Not sure, but did you mention to OPEN the chamber yet ? I usually open these chambers by using a thin sharp blade. I press the blade into the place where the two halfes are seperated. THen I put more stress on the blader and move it kindly for and backward. After a little while you are through the "glued and seald halfes" and then you can slide along and around the chamber in order to seperate them totally, which is not a big deal then. This is the introduction in case the chamber was NOT opened anytime. Usually people are so stupid to put in epoxy glue or something like that when closing the chamber again, to have a good seal. Well, this works but when you have to open the gun, it is VERY VERY difficult! THe best thing is to force a sharp blade between the two halfes, then when it is passed through, cut around with your blade till the halfes are seperated...Quite difficult, but will work.

You can also heat the blade before putting it in, this could work too. Very difficult thing, you have to "play" around to get it open, although I opened a hundred chambers yet, there is no real introduction I can give you since the situations are mostly different :)

Pics or videos would definately help to imagine to help you then :) Keep us refreshed!

And good luck... :)
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 pm

This is the trigger valve, not the PC.

Shrike

Post by Shrike » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:40 pm

good news everyone :) !

i finally managed to get inside the casing of the trigger valve! as i thought, mine doesnt have a rubber gasket. this kind of trigger valve is different from the white one. its way harder to get in as theres glue not only on the seam, but also in the seam. to get it sealed again, im gonna have to use epoxy on the whole thing, i guess.

the problem was the rubber seal which came off:
hoho! Really ? You were in AUSTRIA hehe, nice thing! Why did not you meet me there ?
mir warn östlich vo wörgl im brixental, und i hab koane ahnung wo du lebst :)

the gun in the rubberband repair section (nozzle valve repairs) looks like it has the same valve casing as mine. who made that page? maybe he had to open it too at some point in time and encountered the same problem!

sorry it took me so long, but i was kinda busy (and the weather was really bad)

Shrike
Last edited by Shrike on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atvan

Post by atvan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:08 pm

I think Ben used pics from other people. That one was not opened, and the one that was had the rubber.

Shrike

Post by Shrike » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:05 pm

the rubber seal is back on and it seems it seals again :)

unfortunately, the two halves dont fit completely anymore as i had to saw them apart. what would you suggest i do seal it again. ive already smoothed the surface. i thought id use some cyanacrylat glue with an activator (this stuff sealed the air pc on one of my xp guns).

shrike

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Anything that can tolerate high stress, constant exposure to water, and bonds plastic should work.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

New Guy

Post by New Guy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:20 pm

I would use a marine epoxy... Cyanoacrylate can and will be dissolved by water over time... It was originally formulated as a temporary seal for bullet wounds in the Vietnam war. :D

Shrike

Post by Shrike » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 pm

linda is back to duty!
thanks for the advice new guy, i got me some epoxy and that stuff got the job done, i can pressurize it all the way :D
that epoxy is some nasty stuff, as soon as the two components mixed up, it reacted and got really hot. i only got two of the screws in as the rest of the holes were glued shut. i even got some of that stuff on my hand yesterday and i still cant get it off :)

thanks for your help guys

shrike

New Guy

Post by New Guy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:55 pm

Yeah, sorry. Shoulda warned you. Marine Epoxy reacts extremely quickly and hot- it's designed for emergency repairs of fiberglass hulls of jet skis and fiberglass boats. Dx It holds like a monster, though. You should have no issues with the nozzle ever coming apart.