APS Help

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
thedomli

APS Help

Post by thedomli » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Okay, I made an APS a while back. I checked to see if everything was operational- as in, the plunger is sealed properly, all parts were water tight. Thing is, even after I pumped it 30 times, nothing would come out when I opened the valve. Admittedly, I made the 2 pressure chambers a little larger than usual (I wasn't able to push the caps down all the way), but I don't know what's wrong. Sorry for the lack of pictures. My camera broke when my little brat of a brother was playing with it.

SEAL

Re: APS Help

Post by SEAL » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Welcome to SSC!

I assume you mean APH, not APS. As for why it doesn't shoot, there must be something wrong with the design. You say you weren't able to push the caps down all the way? Then you probably have a pressure leak.

I'm not quite sure what to do in this situation. Better leave the problem of fixing it to more experienced members than myself.

If that's not the problem, then it could also be that you pointed the check valves the wrong way. Some pictures would really help. Do you have access to any other cameras?
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Or maybe you could make a drawing of your APH.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Not to be mean, but it sounds like he installed a check vave backwards. :D Try removing the valves and seeing which way the water flows through them.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.