(fixed) Max-d 3000

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
arcticblastman

Re: (fixed) Max-d 3000

Post by arcticblastman » Sat May 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I just fixed an arctic shock. Like on mine, the spring broke, but the plastic posts stayed intact. I gave it back to my neighbor, who also is letting me fix a flash flood. It has a hole in the tank. I will be keeping it. How do I fix the hole. It is a 1 cm diameter hole with a long gash. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Make sure the pressure chamber isn't upside down...if the outlet's on top when you fire, only air will come out.

Is the hole in the reservoir or the pressure chamber? Duct tape or epoxied plastic will work well for a reservoir, but fixing a pressure chamber is more difficult.

arcticblastman

Post by arcticblastman » Mon May 25, 2009 5:28 am

Silence wrote:Make sure the pressure chamber isn't upside down...if the outlet's on top when you fire, only air will come out.

Is the hole in the reservoir or the pressure chamber? Duct tape or epoxied plastic will work well for a reservoir, but fixing a pressure chamber is more difficult.
The arctic shock is dead. The hole is in the water tank of the flash flood.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon May 25, 2009 11:59 am

If there's a hole in the reservoir (on the Flash Flood, the lower tank), just patch it with whatever. Even duct tape should hold for the duration of most battles. For more durability, glue a piece of scrap plastic over.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: