Monster XL: I'm halfway there!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Chewie

Re: Monster XL: I'm halfway there!

Post by Chewie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:00 am

There's nothing like that in either nozzle assembly, but only the left assembly leaks.

How odd. I don't suppose someone here with an MXL could take appart theirs and photograph it for me?

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:51 pm

Well, it works. It doesn't work GREAT, and I'm getting leaks in the nozzle assembly still, but it works.

Still hoping someone sends pictures of their XL nozzle assembly :-D

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 pm

I looked for Monster XL internals images but couldn't find anything of the nozzle disassembled. Could you provide photos of both nozzles disassembled from many angles and of both major parts? Spotting something out of the ordinary is a lot easier with both photos and descriptions. ;)

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Sadly, I only have a camera phone, and not a very good one. The two assemblies APPEAR to be the same, except for where I substituted parts, but the substitutions I made (spring, stopper) aren't near where I think the leak is.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:38 am

There's not much we can do to help then. I'd suggest adjusting the screw to see if it makes any difference as I suggested earlier, but other than that I don't know what could be wrong with the nozzle assembly.