Trigger Spings

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
SSCBen

Re: Trigger Spings

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:27 am

For some reason I never noticed that page. I just skimmed it, and it seems comprehensive. I've added a link on my reliability modifications page.

Vaseline on screws is a good idea, but I'd be wary of getting it on the screw head. That shouldn't be a problem though. Vaseline on the other parts is a great idea too. The idea should work because it's the same principle chap stick works on. It's basically sealing in and out harmful things. The other benefits of ease of removal of screws and things pulling easier as good too.

Silence

Re: Trigger Spings

Post by Silence » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:41 am

Vaseline is a good idea, although you could also use another oil-based lubricant that does not contain petroleum (which degrades many plastics, rubbers, and synthetics). I know iron pipes are generally sold covered in oil to prevent them from rusting. It gets rather messy though.

You could clean off the screws with a tissue or Q-tip before unscrewing them. :cool: