CPS 2000 Bladder split, help please!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
zeda.beta

Re: CPS 2000 Bladder split, help please!

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Did you disable the PRV? If not, then that is what is limiting the power.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Baycamjo

Post by Baycamjo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:07 pm

No....dont think i did!...Do you know how to do this?.....Would this have an effect on the trigger not working probably tho? Was fine before repair....Cheers Baycamjo..

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Here's the guide to removing a PRV. That is definately why the gun stopped pressurizing.

But I have no idea about the trigger, maybe someone else knows about that.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Baycamjo

Post by Baycamjo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanx for your help matey....will let you know how i get on!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:20 pm

I think you do not want to remove the pressure relief valve.

The problem may be that the replacement bladder is too powerful. So it reaches the water gun's "maximum" pressure before it's entirely full and prematurely triggers the pressure relief valve. This makes it like a power modification, in which you'd want to disable that valve to allow more pressurization.

However! The fact that the trigger valve doesn't open at higher pressures means that you do not want to enable even higher pressures, at least not until we have better surveyed the options. It sounds like you knew about this guide about manually opening trigger valves, but as it says, you want to reduce pressure in order to prevent the problem from recurring.

Did you layer bike tubing over the latex rubber tubing? Is there any way to reduce its power, perhaps by ordering thinner tubing? I assume you value being able to use the standard trigger more than having a superpowered soaker.