CPS 1000 pump leak

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
blub man

Post by blub man » Mon May 15, 2006 12:45 pm

I used the "hands on" aproach and just used my fingers. You could probably use anything (within reason), just try it.

To coat the pump i did two things: first i coated the o-rings inside and out; then i put a lot (and i mean a lot) of grease on the inside of the pump shaft. It doesn't matter where you put the grease on the inside of the shaft, because when you pump, it moves the grease around to fill any gaps.
Who cares what temperature it is...GET SOAKED TODAY

Blub manImage

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 15, 2006 8:27 pm

Well, clearly the pump will move the grease along the lines that are parallel to the tube, but not neccessarily perpendicular to that. If you have a tracked pump of some sort, then it won't work, but a non-tracked pump that can twist (making pumping more comfortable, while loosing minimal firmness) could do what you're suggesting. However, it might still be good to start off by spreading out the silicon lubricant grease evenly, as that just seems...cleaner. I'm a perfectionist, in case you haven't figured that out yet :rolleyes: .