MONSTER XL over charged HELP

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
newb

Post by newb » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:45 pm

Humm I see. Alright. I guess I would have to wait for some one who knows. But if I ask hasbro, won't they give some sort of responce? They discontinued Monster Xl no to long ago.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:56 am

I doubt they would take it back since you have opened it. Once you use a hack saw on it, it can't be returned (unless they never find out).

newb

Post by newb » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:23 am

Hum darn that sucks for me. I shouldn't have over charged The monster xl. Someone would you please tell me how to open the trigger valve? -Psi.

I have confirmed that the glue used to bond the trigger valve is plumbers adhesive.

newb

Finally fixed

Post by newb » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:14 pm

Finally I fixed this gun. I had to use a bow saw to open it. Once I opened it I noticed that one part was dislocated. So I used some glue & glued it back together. After a few days I sealed the valve with some plumber’s adhesive, and screwed the screws back on. I let is sit for a few hours, and started to piece it back together. When I attached the long rod, I noticed that the purple plastic piece was loose. After knowing that I used a rubber band enforce it. Once it was put together, I tested it, and it worked like a charm. I couldn't believe it, it was finally fixed.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Now that I have encountered this trigger valve opening process, I think I can help others with their problems.

Well thanks again, and have a day.