CPS 2000 Leak

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:25 pm

Sorry, I was just trying to give some helpful suggestions, I'll stop if you want me to.

CROC

Post by CROC » Wed May 03, 2006 9:55 pm

wcwversion1 wrote:Hey, i got another CPS2000 at a garage sale yesterday ($3.00, YES!). It APPEARS to be perfect but is not. Water is seeping threw the cracks (where the tank connects to the rest of the gun). There is also water coming out the trigger. What should i do?
Join the club. I got a CPS 2000 a while ago and I still have not managed to fix it. You might need LRT or bike tubes to the max. Im not kidding. The PC has a tear in it and unless you replace/fix it, it won't work at all.
I have a post on this same thing, i just cant find it right now
Soakerhunter wrote:-Marauder's right, open it, when you find where the leak is, seal it with epoxy. (If you don't have epoxy, I find superglue works fine.)
Firstly, epoxy prevents expansion, so its not a good idea to put it on a CPS bladder, as it needs to be able to expand
EDIT: here is the link to my topic on this same problem.
Last edited by CROC on Wed May 10, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 04, 2006 2:34 am

Wait a minute, is this a leak in the bladder-plastic seal or in the bladder itself? If it's just in the seal, then hose clamps (they're also called ____ clips, but I can't remember right now) should do the trick.

Even if the bladder is broken, you could try putting LRT over it after cutting off the old CPS bladder at the edges. Then, clamp the LRT onto whatever mount is available.

You (and myself too) seriously need to check out integration mod threads. SM supposedly has many threads like this, but I can't be sure. If you can replace a bladder completely, then you can definitely fix one, even if it means a replacement.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu May 04, 2006 8:57 am

Jubilee clips.

Croc - this topic had not been used since the 19th of October - it was over six months ago that it was last used. Please check dates on older topics.

The user that asked the question has not been active since December, so your reviving of this topic has little effect.

Also, your comment about glues is correct, but I'm sure you could have been a bit more polite.

There are few ways to repair a CPS bladder. I believe that cylindrical ones go more than the spherical type, but in return are easier to replace.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 04, 2006 12:33 pm

Jubilee clips...thanks.

Technically, you can replace cylindrical tubing quite easily and get stronger types with these clips. On the other hand, after some research, I figured out that integrations have only been done with spherical PCs.