My team's CPS 1200 is BUSTED!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:59 pm

The CPS 1200 that AC Tyhpoon of my team uses is broken. This was one of our best guns. I think the trigger is busted, he got an EES Turbine and a Storm 600 to replace it, but only something like a CPS 2100 or bigger could truly replace it. Hopefully our team gets a really big and/or good gun next year!
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:19 am

Take a pic of the trigger. Maybe I can help.

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:52 am

if it's the trigger theres a 95% chance I can fix it
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:01 pm

Ok.....
#1. I don't have a scanner
#2. I don't know where you live shadowstalker

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:55 pm

you Don't need a scanner not even a digetal camrea just take a picture of where you think it is broke useing a 35mm and take it t wall mart and have then burn it on a cd.Ohh and I live in lake Charles Louisana

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:45 pm

Oooook then! That's like two days away from where I live (Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada) Stoney Creek is right next to the city of Hamilton, Ont. which is approx 1 hour away from Toronto.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sun Sep 14, 2003 5:55 pm

no I live my texas in the states it's a bout a 7day drive

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Sep 21, 2003 5:09 pm

tip doomsoaker gave me on triggers: use a thin strip of metal epoxied onto the curve of the trigger to brace it. that's how I'm going to fix my cps-2500.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:46 am

I made any article on how to do that. It has pictures and a lot more trigger repairing. I would post it, but it's on my personal PC upstairs. :cry:

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:05 am

It all depends on whether the bar on the inside of the gun is rusted througn or not. If this is the case it will be a lot harder to fix.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:52 pm

Go [url='http://www.sscentral.net/new/trigger.html']here[/url] to read a the Trigger Repair article from the new SSCentral design. The design is NOT done. I'm still working on it. For example, the horizontal nav bar will have a special navigation script soon, the logo will change, the colors will change, ect. Also, all the images are not there, so where it says INSERT PICTURE, I have to add a picture. It's just a note to myself. :P

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:34 pm

looks nice so far, I like the way it's more compact than the old design. that article is going to be my bible!

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:00 pm

Well thanks. ^_^ I still need to take some more pictures and add a bit more things to the article, but right now it's looking good.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:21 pm

btw I found a couple major security flaws in the link script I wrote while testing it yesterday, so I'm going to rewrite it using my sCMS as a codebase - after all, how hard can it be to convert a content management system to a link script. :blink: (yes there is method to my madness. and my sCMS is pretty secure.) off topic!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:37 am

Originally posted by neobird@Sep 21 2003, 12:09 PM
tip doomsoaker gave me on triggers: use a thin strip of metal epoxied onto the curve of the trigger to brace it. that's how I'm going to fix my cps-2500.

Ditto. Im working on my 2500 right now. Ima inexperienced user to mods, and I placed the strips the wrong way. I got them off, but when I saw the picture from here, I was re-encouraged. ;)

EDIT: Doomsoaker, I can't thank you enough. An 8 year old gun will be back in duty soon. She has a lot of history behind her. Thanks for posting the article, you were re-assuring. I WILL come to your boards more often like you wish.