CPS 2500 leaks from trigger valve (Fixed for now)

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
jon-jon

Post by jon-jon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:20 am

ok, so the trigger rod looked fine to me, but it was a little wobbley. to figure out what was making it like this, i had to crack open the valve casing to see this:

(stolen pic from the original poster)

BUT, the black rubber stopper ring was OFF of the plastic that holds it. completely off, and in the way of the valve so it couldn't close all the way anyway. so i fixed it, threw some water-proof super glue inbetween so it doesn't happen again. i threw it back together and....FIXED! awesome, happy to see my $24 didn't go to waste. but after i shoot, i notice that there's left over water that just comes out of the nozzle (trigger unpressed) any idea of the cause of this?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:41 am

Water is always left in the nozzle after a shot. You should not worry about that at all.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:10 am

I've got both the open trigger valve, and the leak from the back - I've fixed the leak from the back, and I'm going to use the rubber band method, but I'm adding a new part inside the trigger valve to further boost the seal.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston