CPS 2500 leaks from trigger valve (Fixed for now)

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:51 pm

Heh, it appears to be a happy ending after all!

My final thought is that you may want to lubricate inbetween the rod and the silicone glue to prevent the glue from eventually being torn off. It's worth a shot and if it works, we should have a serious repair for this previously fatal break.

I also am extremely glad that my silicone glue idea worked... I thought it was a little far-fetched originally but the results sound good. :)

Edit: Hmmm... it appears that my modification to the post parser messed up posted images... I'll get to fixing that tonight. <_<

daanj

Post by daanj » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:02 am

Doom, I'm not sure what you mean by lubricating between the rod and the silicone glue. The silicone is actually glued to both the metal rod and the plastic trigger valve, so when the trigger is pulled, the glue stretches a bit. I don't see how this could be lubricated. But if you have a good idea, I'm willing to try it out.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:36 pm

I thought you glued it differently, so nevermind. ^_^

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:19 pm

Originally posted by daanj@Jun 21 2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks man, I think I nailed it: the connection between the pump mechanism and the big red water reservoir was a bit weak. I took it off, and it seems the o-ring in there was just a bit rotten. So I jammed some silicone in there. When the glue's all dried up (tomorrow) I'll report back here. I sure hope it's the last time I have to open this thing up ;)
[snapback]25418[/snapback]

\
Excellent ^_^ Im glad everything worked out. sometimes with age those stock connections can come loose, keep checking on them every so often to make sure they are doing ok. Now, kick butt with those cannons!

jon-jon

Post by jon-jon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:17 pm

alright, so i found a 2500 on ebay for $15 dollars buy it now with $9.00 shipping. what a deal. the thing was brand new, still in it's packaging. so i fill it up, shoot it, pump it again, shoot it. awesome, i have a cannon now. i try pumping it again, and water spews out of the nozzle with the trigger unpressed. :eek:

so does this mean that i have the same problem that you started out with on a brand new gun? i'd hate to have to take a gun apart that is 5 minutes old...

any help or input would be great, thanks in advance!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:39 pm

It sounds like you got a faulty one, which is a shame for such a great deal you got there.

Your problem seems that the spring that pulls the trigger rod open and closed is bad, if this is the problem, then go here to tell you how to fix this problem.

http://www.sscentral.org/tech/repairs/otvr.php

I'm afraid it may mean opening up your soaker, and at the moment this is the only help I can give you, good luck.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:43 pm

jon-jon wrote:alright, so i found a 2500 on ebay for $15 dollars buy it now with $9.00 shipping. what a deal. the thing was brand new, still in it's packaging.

First of all It's almost impossible to get that good a deal but I believe you.
Second, I think you will have to open the gun to see how severe the problem is, then we can help you some more, and don't worry about opening the gun, as long as you have percision screwdrivers and don't lose the screws, everything will go fine. :cool:
Last edited by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR on Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

DX

Post by DX » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:03 pm

Sounds like a common problem fixable via the rubber band method. You will have to open the gun, but it should take seconds to correct this problem.

If you have reservations about opening it:

.Keep the screws in one place, like in a cup or on a piece of tape so none will be lost. [Although I've lost loads of screws and nothing bad has happened]
.If necessary take a few pictures of the open gun so you can remember where the parts go when it's time to put it back together.
.The chances of the gun breaking by opening it are very, very rare.
.Don't hesitate-hesitation only makes it harder.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:58 pm

Also, don't much think when you're taking it apart, if you wonder how big a waste it would be if you broke it it would be harder to fix. Just take out the screws and pull it open...worked with my FF...

jon-jon

Post by jon-jon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:44 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6011979384

haha here's the link for the non-believers

i'll try it out right now and let you guys know how it goes

jon-jon

Post by jon-jon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:15 pm

ok so i tried it, using a pretty strong rubber band, and no luck. it still spirts out of the nozzle.

one thing i attempted to try and pinpoint the problem is cover the nozzle completely (with my finger) and pumped it. it fills the PC just fine, and when i let my finger out of the nozzle, it bursts out a lot of air, so i don't think there's any leaks anywhere...but yeah, i think we already knew that the problem is the trigger...

any other suggestions on how to fix it or even what's wrong?

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:53 am

Try pumping it up, holding the valve closed with your finger (you'll need to open it again anyways). If that works, then you just need more rubber bands.

jon-jon

Post by jon-jon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:52 am

holding the valve by pushing the metal rod in? yeah, i've tried that too, and it doesn't close....

newb

Post by newb » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:54 am

Yea this happened to my monster xl. However my problem is that I cannot get that tirgger valve open. Some people claim that it is glued together with plumbers adhesive. This sucks, and apparently no one knows how to get that thing open.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:27 am

Newb, several members have told you that that may not be your only option, yet you keep stating that it is. If it was the trigger valve, there's a very good chance that you will break the valve in the process of opening it. Then your only option would be to replace it with a ball valve. So make sure that is actually the problem!

On topic: It may have nothing to do with the valve being stuck open. Maybe a part of the trigger mechanism is out of line? Make sure that the pin is connected to the valve correctly, as well as any other parts around there.