Rusty Screws

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:22 pm

BeardedMike, there is no problem with bringing up this old topic, as your reply actually has some relevence.

The size of drill will vary massively - the Hydroblade has massive screws but some things have screws that are tiny.

As dr_spock said, use a drill larger than the screwhead - if that fails, then drill down the actual screw body with a smaller drill.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

BeardedMike

Post by BeardedMike » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:05 pm

Thanks, joannaardway. i am just worried/confused about how the shorter smaller bore bits will fit into my rifles deep sockets without ripping it a new one. Funny coming from me, the guy who took a hacksaw to his rusted 1500 to remove 2 tank screws. They have to make some long small bore bits somewhere.

Is it just me or is spocks link really not working?

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:03 pm

Drilling down the screw will be hard - the plastic is softer so the inclination is for the drill to drill in to the case, not the screw.

When I haven't been able to use a drill, then I attack the case around the screw instead - not as good to look at afterwards, but a last resort.

The link appears to not work - perhaps dr_spock would like to try re-doing it?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston