Favorite Type Of Computer/videogame?

Topics related specifically to video gaming.

What is your favourite type of Videogame?

FPS-First Person Shooter/Third Person shooter
53%
RPS-Real Time Strategy
18%
Action/Adventure
8%
Racing
3%
Puzzles/Problem solving
No votes
RPG/Roleplaying
11%
Dancing
No votes
Fighting
No votes
Platform games
5%
Other
3%

Total votes: 38

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:59 am

I've been playing many more RPG's lately. And I can't stand Final Fantasy-ish RPG's anymore (so linear... blah).
I like the open endedness in the Grand Theft Auto series. I still play 2 month after I beat the main storty line. As for RPGs, as long they have great art and atmosphere, I don't mind it being linear.
What are your thoughts about the FFX-2 game which will come at November? It might will be even more linear and shallow than the usual RPGs. But it is said to be more loose and entertainment oriented than the previus Final Fantasy Games. All main characters are female and will walk in their underware during certain points in the game(Squaresoft is starting to draw in different people now). I will buy the game for being part of the final fantsay series, but the "party girl" theme is an added bonus.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:47 pm

I've never played Final Fantasy games because there are too many. I don't know where to start.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:11 pm

Final Fantasy VII is a must have game. it's the most sold vidio game on Sonys Playstations(PS1/PS2) on the planet. Soundtrack is phenomenal, the storyline is dramaticaly pulling one in. The villain Sephiroth is probably the one of the coolest villains in RPG history. At the end of CD 1 something happened in the storyline that went into the vidio game history book for most outstanding moments. That sad scene was dramatically and artisticly memorable. I can't say more since I don't want to ruin the story.
Final Fantasy VIII, IX and X are good to, but you have to play VII first.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:55 am

Bump. My list, in order of favorite-ness: (Halo would be first but I don't own it or an Xbox)

1) Counter-Strike
2) Day of Defeat
3) Desert Combat
4) Battlefield 1942
5) Eve of Destruction
6) Rise of Nations
7) Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest
8) Empire Earth
9) Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
10) Age of Empires II
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:01 am

but the "party girl" theme is an added bonus.
I didn't read his entier post until now. They'll try to get anyone to buy stuff now I guess.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:37 pm

This is a nice topic, so why not bring it back? Despite the fact that it is more than a year old, I bet we could still get some "constructive" posts here. Anyway I play FPS the most often, but I also like several other game types. Command&Conquer, Burnout, Nightfire, Halo, GTA3, etc.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:09 am

Sorry, I'm tired and don't want to think any more so I am going to just post what I did in my other gaming one. I enjoy first person shooters, you can really get into those games and they tend to be more fun to me. I like fighting and racing too but they don't seem to have the same thrill as shooting at people on Omaha beach in M.O.H. Frontline or shooting a Quadraxis in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:41 am

Real Time Strategy for me. Age of Empires, Age of Empires 2 (and both the expansions for them), Empire Earth. Also Civilization 3, both expansions, though that's turn-based as opposed to RTS.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:27 pm

Oops, double post Spinner! :o

I also like real time strategy. If you like those Spinner, then you should also try out Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:17 pm

Gee, do I even need to say what kind?

Naw, but I'll say it anyway; RACING.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:11 pm

How about a second person shooter! Hahahah!

"Shoot him now! No, now him! Shoot him! Idiot, you were supposed to shoot him!"
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:13 pm

Racer and his 1 vote :Hey, that's funny.: :P No offense man. Anyway, I'm an FPS nut. I play CS, DOD, HL(2), BF1942, and DC. But I also like real time strategy games. I play all of the AOE games, AOM, C&C (Tiberian Sun and Generals), and Empire Earth (and the expansion). Oh and Starcraft too :D Yeah, I suppose Spinner might like Galactic Battlegrounds since it's on the AOE2 engine.

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:04 pm

I love the Metal Gear Solid games, especially the new one (Snake Eater). The controls are so cool (like taking hostages and choking people from behind) as well as covert tactics (pressing up against walls and popping out to shoot with a tranquillizer pistol). Metal Gear Solid 2 is great too, although some of the cinematics are very long, but the graphics are mesmerizing, making seem like you're at the movies.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:34 pm

Originally posted by Forceuser+Nov 30 2004, 02:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Forceuser @ Nov 30 2004, 02:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I also like real time strategy. If you like those Spinner, then you should also try out Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.
[snapback]19630[/snapback]

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Neo
@Nov 30 2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I suppose Spinner might like Galactic Battlegrounds since it's on the AOE2 engine.
[snapback]19637[/snapback]

[/quote]

So I hear. Problem is, I'm just not a great fan of Star Wars. That's not to say I don't like Star Wars, I'm just not very into it.

I've played a demo of Rise Of Nations, that seemed pretty good, but I haven't bought it yet. I'm not sure I have the time to play it. <_<
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:30 pm

I've played the demo for that too, I like it a lot. In fact, I think I'm going to go play it now. *waves goodbye*