Favorite Type Of Computer/videogame?

Topics related specifically to video gaming.

What is your favourite type of Videogame?

FPS-First Person Shooter/Third Person shooter
53%
RPS-Real Time Strategy
18%
Action/Adventure
8%
Racing
3%
Puzzles/Problem solving
No votes
RPG/Roleplaying
11%
Dancing
No votes
Fighting
No votes
Platform games
5%
Other
3%

Total votes: 38

Lucius Octavion

Post by Lucius Octavion » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:27 pm

You guys are forgetting about good old Wolfenstein!!!
Guns in possession:

Speed Loader Double Cross 3000, 2 Speed Loader One Thousands, SS XP 110, Splashzooka, used to have more but they were unfixable.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:52 pm

I've edited the FPS field on the poll to include third person shooters.

I would have to say that some of my favourite games of all time are (XBOX unless specified):

Halo
Halo 2
Max Payne 2 (The best bullet-time of any game - *Drool* - and perhaps my favourite game of all time along side the "Halo" series)
The "Splinter Cell" series (I rock at this - especially with the sniper rifle)
Dawn of war (PC)
Combat flight simulator (PC)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (one of the few games that the star wars license should have been given to)
Rainbow six 3/Black Arrow
Mechassult 1 & 2
Gunmetal

I'm thinking about getting one of the shooters where you actually have a gun as a controller - and then going "2 player" and double-fisting.

I'm off to go and watch the "Halo 3" trailer - and the "Mark of Chaos" one too - *drool*
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:06 pm

PC for me, I'll never get used to gamepad thumbsticks (well, I have gotten okay; but I'm still terrible in games where you have to aim). My favorites are:

FPS/3rdPS:
Star Wars Battlefront (both versions, though I like the more realistic/more team-based feel of SWBF1 more than SWBF2)--while a complete ripoff of the Battlefield series, the maps and units are more fun to play
I guess the Battlefield series--extremely thorough and well done, though I own none of them

RTS
Rise of Nations, and that's about it--the older "ancient"/"empire" games are too buggy and incomplete, and other "modern" RTSs focus too much on special weapons and bombs

Racing
Burnout--basically the only good racing game--it's well done and actually has superb damage modeling, unlike Need for Speed, Midnight Club, and other ripoffs. Alas, it is only found on consoles.

And that's about it...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:15 pm

Oh yeah - I completely forgot Sega GT - good racing game, with loads of upgrades.

I've never really tried Battlefront 1, but what little I have tried wasn't favoured over the sequel.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston