super soaker game

Topics related specifically to video gaming.

soaker video game?

yay
84%
nay
16%

Total votes: 19

lord malak

Post by lord malak » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:18 am

What about, for Ben, (as the second weapon) a WW Blazer. And as a reward, the APH. :) Luckily I have BF2 for PC.
Current Guns: Flash Flood | Arctic Shock (trigger valve leaks) |XP Backfire | 2 max-d 3000s |blazer

Wishlist: CPS 2000| CPS 2500 | Cps 2700 |

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:13 pm

I love the idea of having us in the game as the hero characters! That would be literally 1337!

I'm almost certain that I would go and get a PC version just for this mod.

The 1-3-5 has been K-modded and has been called anything from 1-3-5K, to 10-30-50.

I'm firing a few more ideas around now.

Vehicles - Perhaps military style Jeeps with soakers mounted on the back?

The Galatic conquest could be altered to represent the RPs - with whatever locations.

Space battles - You got me here. I can't really think of anything to fill in, save maybe aircraft dogfights with soakers.

I presume that other pick ups could be modelled as such when you get the ability:

Ammo: 2l bottle - but you said that already.
Rage: Glycerine?
Defence increase: Water proof clothes?
Stamina boost: Maybe a snack bar?

The health droid could be a stationary hair/hand dryer type thing like you get in changing rooms.

Cerberus as a rocket launcher upgrade... interesting. When you need them, I'll send you the latest design plans.

I'll leave you to sort out the damage stats though.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:32 pm

@ lord_malak: Perhaps an APH would be okay as the standard weapon, too. However, he has said that he wants SuperCAP to be his weapon of choice, so we'll see what he says...

@ joannaardway and everybody: This would certainly be cool, but this probably won't happen for a while. As I said, the coding and actual creating I can do, but I'll either have to learn or get help for the modelling.

Actually, I'm pretty confident I can do the character skins, but new weapons would certainly be a challenge. I'm also considering getting a greater variety of weapons--perhaps a water bottle launcher as the rocket launcher (and they will harm vehicles by shorting out the electronics and wasting the spark plugs) and one of wetmonkey442's sponge shooters for the sniper, if he agrees.

I just suggested towels for the health droid because it would be funny--imagine towels on its arms! The arm movements in the animations are already the motions used in drying you off!

I guess I never knew that the red canisters were rage. Once you have War Hero, though, you can't really notice the difference since there's already a red aura around you. I suppose glycering would work, and while the effect wouldn't be exactly increased range, there really isn't anything better.

All this being said, being transported to a beach or Goffle Park would be a definite change from the Star Wars universe--especially with the SSCentral, SM, and even iSoaker.com logos everywhere. At any rate, hopefully I can get some help from some experienced modeller in the SWBF modding community, maybe after my current and first map is completed.

This map is Yavin 4: Outpost. It's pretty much a small, urban map with plenty of tactical options, and it looks like you'll need to be quick with your weapon of choice and skilled in using flanking and fire/hide tactics to assault the command posts in the outpost. If the AI paths are well coded, it should hopefully be fun to play.

And also, I'm moving this to the Off Topic > Gaming subforum, since I've successfully taken this off on a tangent...