Halo Website

Topics related specifically to video gaming.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:01 am

I am going to make a Halo website based on my popular server (This is for the PC, mind you) called -={PLASMA CITY CTF}=-. The site will contain still screen images and times which the server usually runs. The site will contain a Proboards forum for posting about tournament dates and clan get-togethers. When Halo 2 is released for the PC, I will update everything. Those who play Halo for the PC, get into it!

My popular server is usually layed out like this:

Map-Blood Gulch
Weapons Set-Plasma
Primary Weapon-Plasma Rifle
Secondary Weapon-Plasma Pistol
Grenades-Plasma
Vehicles-4 Ghosts, 2 Warthogs, 2 Rocket Warthogs for each team

Occassionally the map is Danger Canyon or Infinity, but nothing else. Many people enjoy this server every time I log in. The warthogs, although they aren't in any way related to plasma weaponry, add a nice touch to the gameplay. I guess you could say this game is well-designed.

Other features include:

Game Type-Team CTF
Team Autobalance-Off
Max No. Of Players-10 (to reduce lag)
Connection Type-Cable/DSL (high speed to reduce lag)
Infinite Grenades-Yes
Team Killing-Off

The weapons set was chosen to stop inexperienced usery players from using no-skill weaponry such as rocket launchers and fuel rod cannons. Vehicle selection was chosen for the same reason (so they can't use tanks or banshees). The fact that most of the weapons are plasma make it more difficult, and more people get good with them (they are looked as the "usless" guns in most other servers).
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups