About PMs

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:14 pm

Originally posted by blaze@Jun 4 2004, 03:06 PM
I would have to agree with bluesmudge. I liked this site a lot better before I got kicked off last summer. All these new rules and people without PMs just complicates things. I think that everyone should be equal and follow one rule: No swearing/inappropriate content in posts. It shouldnt have to get much more complicated than that.
Then we would have spam out our rear ends.

Also, the rules are being tweaked and changed to be a bit more loose. It will probably be updated in the next few days. Probably, we are going to tweak the rules concerning PMs as well.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

blaze

Post by blaze » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:19 pm

I think spam would count as innapropriate content, as it has nothing to do with a topic. thank you for loosening the rules.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:26 pm

I have to agree they were a tad strict with enforcing the grammar, but some people cannot help it sometimes. But yeah, I realize its hard distinguishing good and bad members. and how it affects peopel comming to learn about water warfare.

edit- I also believe editing is a privilage, where Mods give you the right to go back and fix mistakes. Members who loose that privilage need to deal with it, and put posts through spell check, since they are not responsible enough.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:05 am

That's the most stupid thing I've hear all day. If you get pissed off at things like spelling balloon wrong, and having bad grammer, removing the editing button is the worst thing ever. I see your point about editing content. But I usually review my posts after I post them. I'm not going to open word and put my post through spell check. I think if the post is possible to read with out much more thought that clean text, It shouldn't be a problem. So bring back editing for me, or losen your grammer rules, cus you will get mad at me one way or another.
I think this was a needed argument. The popint of restricked should not be to make my post worse. It should just be to limit my posting capabilities.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:21 pm

If you get pissed off at things like spelling balloon wrong
I find it funny that you spelled balloon wrong in that sentence.

I'll change it so that restricted (not restricked) members can edit their posts, but only before a set time after they posted it. That's a compromise, don't complain about it.

BlueSmudge, if you don't like SSC's rules, then you don't have to post here. I based 90% of SSC's rules off of NerfHaven's rules, and then expanded on them to include some stuff I think should have been in there (mostly about sigs and other things people find annoying). NerfHaven, as of now, doesn't have a real inexperienced user problem anymore.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:07 pm

I just noticed that I wasen't a MemberPlus, I was going to PM you about this.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:15 pm

Hmm, I'll reupgrade you. Something weird must have happened.

marklar744

Post by marklar744 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:14 pm

So we just have to be a good memeber and have good posts right? I have no problem with that as long as I can PM people sometime.

Wait...I just noticed something. If you can't PM, then how do you ask a mod to get a personal rank? I guess I'll just have to wait until I get to supermembers.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:02 pm

Originally posted by marklar744@Jun 9 2004, 12:14 AM
Wait...I just noticed something. If you can't PM, then how do you ask a mod to get a personal rank? I guess I'll just have to wait until I get to supermembers.
You can use something called "email". ;)

Otherwise, you wait until the Custom Member Title option becomes available at 200 posts (as I think it is at the moment).
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:04 pm

Otherwise, you wait until the Custom Member Title option becomes available at 200 posts (as I think it is at the moment).
That system is horrible. :angry: People's posting quality will go down as their post count goes up. I myself can't even change my own member title yet. I will also have to wait for a while, as I care more about quality and couldnt care less about having tons of posts.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:18 pm

I've actually started deleting total XPBackfire-esque posts and dropping post count when needed. One of your posts btw equals like 3 of most other members. Many of my posts are ones about moderation, I've even considered dropping my post count to something like 1000 because it's so much more than any other members it's overwhelming. I'll drop it to 150 so you can do it.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:42 pm

thanks. feel free to drop my post count if it will save space or something. If some of you can't PM and stuff, be patient. On WWN you can use almost none of the board's features until you have 150 posts, so thats a good number.

<Edit> "feel free to frop my post count" Ok Im not very sharp today. :Hey, that's funny.:

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:24 pm

Originally posted by Duxburian@Jun 9 2004, 10:42 PM
On WWN you can use almost none of the board's features until you have 150 posts, so thats a good number.
Err...Who told you that? I've been an XP150 way before I hit 150 posts. Most people are upgraded before 150 posts. Did you mean you have to be an XP150 before you can PM and change your title? :huh:
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:24 pm

When will I have what it takes to be a MemberPlus? I think that's a resonable system at WW.net's forums.

EDIT-spelling
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:37 pm

Did you mean you have to be an XP150 before you can PM and change your title?
Yeah, I ment something like that. I noticed that if you can use the PM system, you can only PM other members who have it. I tried to send someone a lengthy PM and it didn't go through because that person couldnt use the PM system. Theres no point in being able to PM if you can only PM certain people.