Active members dropping...

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Specter

Active members dropping...

Post by Specter » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:09 am

At the beginning and middle of the summer the "Active members" thing at the bottom was over 100 members. (i think it was like 109)
I just noticed that it's gone down a bit. "Active Members: 89"
I'm guessing it's because the summer is coming to an end.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Silence

Re: Active members dropping...

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:25 pm

That's interesting...it probably depends on the time of day more than anything else. I can't remember seeing that many. And many of them may have been indexing bots from search engines - they often come in droves. If you're talking about members who've visited in the past few days, this page shows that we have about as many people who've visited in the last two days (31) as a few months ago.

But yes, you're right. Activity will start decreasing, I suppose...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:10 am

That number always fluctuates a bit. I'm not surprised that it's decreasing because activity tends to peak during June and July, both months passed. August should still be pretty active.

Earlier this year in January we were able to get over 600 posts and that's in the middle of winter so I don't expect a complete slowdown. We have a good core membership that'll prevent the forum from grinding to a halt. ;)

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:21 pm

It's also down by at least one because of me. I haven't been posting as much as I used to (I went from about 200 posts to 600 seemingly overnight) because of my job. It's still good to know though that we have a good group of people here who post often enough to keep us going year round.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:15 am

Well, we've had a lot of activity in the past couple days. I'll try to get a count of the new posts tomorrow...

CROC

Post by CROC » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:19 am

Wow! I didn't realize that we made 600 posts last winter! I guess that as long as water guns are breaking, the repairs can be done during these "down" months. That's what I do at least. It all depends on the gun, and how much I use it.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:38 am

Ignore the daily/weekly numbers, just look at the trends. Activity often cycles, building on some momentum and falling after a peak. Have fun during the upswings and ride out the downswings. The SoakerMedia experience taught me that you can't force activity, it just happens when you have enough interested members online with something they want to comment about. Individual core members also develop posting patterns that you can't really alter. Some come on, say what they have to say, then disappear until who knows when.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:28 pm

I tend to be more active during the winter, and come summer my activity level slowly drops. For example, this year I was very active from January-June, then something happened in June and I suddenly stopped.
I need help...