Why is this site so out of date?

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
The Stealthy Panda

Why is this site so out of date?

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sat May 12, 2007 5:43 pm

What happened? Why are all the articles so out of date? Are articles obsolete now? And why doesn't the tech research link work? :confused:
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 12, 2007 6:04 pm

You're right, nothing new has been added since 2004. But Ben's been working on a massive update, and there'll be a ton of tech info when that's sorted out. Feel free to submit any articles through email or the forums!

Nothing much is truly obsolete. Tech doesn't really change much, although the force model for predicting range is now out - but it never got onto the site anyway.

Tech research link...don't know what you mean by that. I think at one point there was an RSS-type news feed or something, but I think that became too difficult to maintain or something. I'd ask Ben.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 12, 2007 6:58 pm

The TechLog idea didn't last because the blog software wasn't cooperating. It was a silly idea anyway. I was mainly trying to see if there was anyone interested in some sort of blog... there wasn't.

And yes, many parts of the site are out of date. I'll be the first one to admit that. Not everything is obsolete however. Most of the information still is very relevant and would not change much if at all being updated for today. Still, some major parts are in serious need of update, namely, every do-it-yourself and technical type section. There's a lot planned and it'll eventually be there. I just need the summer to start for me to have enough free time to get around to it. ;)

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:44 pm

Well, the good old days of real Super Soakers have, in my honest opinion, come and gone. These days we are left with whatever half-arsed gimmicks Hasbro can be bothered to give us.

Perhaps I only feel like that because I'm older now and I simply refer to the good old days as the days where I used to fight with my trusty CPS 1000 in hand but it's no secret that they just don't make guns like they used to. The days of the earlier CPS guns and the XP series were, really, the dominant ones in Water War history.

This is the reason that, generally speaking, the articles found here at SSCentral are still valid today.

Sorry if my defeatist attitude on the present and future of water guns depresses anyone but surely those who remember good old fights in the CPS days can't help but agree.

--Old topic, I know but I just wanted to assert my opinion.
Last edited by Elliott on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soakermaniac

Post by soakermaniac » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:06 am

@welliotitude: although today's soakers may not be as powerful, look on the bright side!! they are more space wize( in my opinion), they look better( the colors) but, they arent as strong as the good old days. So what? they have better gimmicks than the old ones( kind of) and they arent all bad!! well, in my opinion, they dont 100percent suck... more like 40 percent suck...