Reorganization

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:08 am

I'm making a few new forums to help organization. Moderators, please move all threads to the appropriate forum if I miss them or do not move them. B)

death angel

Post by death angel » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:22 am

I know, it startled me so much when I signed on. I thought that my computer had loaded the wrong page, or something. Anyways, the section, Tech and Physics, looks pretty cool. B)
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:13 am

Yeah, I was surprised when I visited today. I haven't been on any soaker forums recently, but I like the way things are layed out now. Funny thing is a lot of the soaker boards have been doing this. :P

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:45 am

Looks good. Just a few things that might need changing. Some of the forum titles are capitalised fully and some are not. Shouldn't the forums be named "Water Gun Modification" and "Water Gun Repair" as they don't cater specifically for Super Soakers.

I also think that the homemade forum's description would be better phrased as "Building or need help with a homemade water cannon or water balloon launcher from PVC, steel pipe or whatever you have lying around? Tell us about it."
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:35 pm

Looks good. Just a few things that might need changing. Some of the forum titles are capitalised fully and some are not. Shouldn't the forums be named "Water Gun Modification" and "Water Gun Repair" as they don't cater specifically for Super Soakers.
I'll be honest with you. It would be more politically correct to say water gun modifications, but no one searches for that on search engines. It's only Super Soaker because of the popularity - everything else is general water guns. You don't see Nerf forums saying "foam dart guns"!

We're also not reorganizing because everyone else did. It's only similar timing. I am hoping that if I start making changes now, we'll see a slight difference in rankings soon.

Most of my work lately has been about search engine optimization. I'll be editing the other forum's descriptions to help with this as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated. B)

death angel

Post by death angel » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:35 pm

For some reason, it says that there are 5 topics under Water Gun Physics, but when I click on the forum page there are no topics to be found. Why is this?

100th Post! W00t! I'm a grunt! (only a insignifigant grunt.) <_< :P
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:10 pm

There are 5 topics, it is only that the forum was set to show topics from the last 30 days. Most people do not know how to change that.

I have fixed the problem.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:38 pm

I see Duxburian and NiborDude moderate the same tech forum. Wouldn't it be better if they had seperate sections to lead? Or half and half of the Tech section?
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:59 am

If you checked further, you would have seen that they are full moderators now. I didn't have time to finish up my forum reorganization today, so the moderators have stayed.

I only have gone onto SSCentral for a few minutes at a time today because am busy today working.