Profanity

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed May 04, 2005 1:57 pm

In your rules you say that no profanity can be used because it may offend someone.

I got warned for that and so I stopped. However someone has been editing words out of my posts which are not profane:-

Sod's Law - A noun.
Sodomy - the posh form of a profane word, however is apparately a noun.
Prat - slang, but not coarse.
Retard - that's an adjective dammit.

However you allow words like "XPBackfire-esque" (coarse slang) and blasphemy on a regular basis... These are profane, and I don't see anyone getting 10% added to their warn levels for them!

Whoever goes through my posts and changes these words to "XPBackfire" or similar is a sodomite who needs to learn what profane means!
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed May 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Are you sure that's not the word filter changing them?
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed May 04, 2005 3:02 pm

Would it change words to XPBackfire? And anyway, they are there immediately after I post, I notice the change afterwards.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Yes, the word filter changes certain words to XPBackfire. I agree that it seems to be somewhat inconsistent: I will see what I can do about clamping down on words that should not be allowed, and conversely allowing those that should be. Anybody who is editing out words that are simply slang but not coarse, please stop!
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.