Recent changes

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:41 pm

If you've been attentive, you've noticed a few things around here have changed. Most notably the addition of a few subforums! Spinner and I have added a few more subforums for more organization. For example, if you're looking for a repair that isn't on any website, try checking the SSCentral Repair forum for topics with a tested fix in them. If someone'd like to see some more subforums, I'm sure as long as they'd get use it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Another change is our new Board Rules. Pretty much the same thing there, just a little was added and I tried to make it clearer for some. I also added a part about why the rules are here, if you've been wondering why we have rules I'd highly suggest checking that out.

A less notable change occurred in the Lo-Fi Version of our forums. I played around with the skin a bit and am in the process of fixing a few problems with it. You should also note that I made the old quotes (quotes made before our IPB 2.0 upgrade) look about the same as the new quotes in there.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:54 pm

There appears to be a bit missing out of this:
Use correct punctuation -- posts made in all capital letters are Do not make all of your posts as a single paragraph
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:32 pm

Yes, I noticed a few errors like that. Also check out this:
As yourself, before you hit the post button, does your post comply with ALL of the following?
(should be ask)

I'll get to fixing those. Apparently writing these rules in a word processor isn't enough!

edit: Both problems fixed and a title added to the page (previously was rules.html). Hopefully in a printer-friendly format like this some of our worse-off member could sit down and read our rules.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Yeah, it wouldn't really look great if you had spelling and grammatical errors in you rules on spelling and grammer. Hey, that's funny..
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

olorins

Post by olorins » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:45 pm

Originally posted by Doom+Jan 19 2005, 04:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doom @ Jan 19 2005, 04:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes, I noticed a few errors like that. Also check out this:
As yourself, before you hit the post button, does your post comply with ALL of the following?

(should be ask)
[snapback]21402[/snapback]

[/b]

The original sentence actually still works grammatically - although one does wonder who else you might be before you hit the post button? :blink: <_<

<!--QuoteBegin-Doom
@Jan 19 2005, 04:32 PM
Apparently writing these rules in a word processor isn't enough!
[snapback]21402[/snapback]

[/quote]
It never is. ;) The spell checker can make sure that all your words conform to its dictionary, but it can't guess your intentions if the 'mis-spelling' is also a dictionary word. Thus resulted a rather funny poem which I can't fully remember - the first line ran thus: I have a spilling chequer - it came with my pea sea (etc.) :rolleyes:
Every day, in every way, they're getting wetter and wetter.