Inactive Members

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:36 pm

I'm not sure how much space this site has or can take up but just as a statistic, 28.75% of all members have 0 posts. I personally think mods should consider deleting inactive accounts.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

DX

Post by DX » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:18 am

That was done several months ago, and doesn't really make a difference as there will always be many inactive accounts. 28.75% actually isn't that much considering that a while back Doom had to delete like 200 inactives.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:53 pm

It wasn't quite 200 members, but I did delete quite a few. Most of them are still here so I can keep contact info for them. A few people like Sapper join but don't do anything else. It's the latest contact info we have for them, so they can stay.

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:54 pm

Why should we delete them? Maybe they want to view the board, and not post in it. It's not like they're hurting us in anyway...
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:13 pm

I deleted those like sniper's multiple accounts. We really didn't lose any legitimate members.

ben@sscentral.org / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.