End of life of the SSC forums?

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Re: End of life of the SSC forums?

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:44 am

At the moment I'm thinking about simply disabling new posts at the SSC forums sometime in 2012 and directing everyone to iSoaker.net. The fix I made is not good for an active forum. But an inactive forum will not experience much more than changes to the server, so the software probably will be fine for several years.
Last edited by SSCBen on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:57 am

I think that's the simplest thing to do, like what you were planning before. I like SSC's layout more than iSn's but it'll grow on me. The transition shouldn't be too much to handle, as most of the active members also have iSn accounts. It's just a matter of copying and pasting one's own post.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:56 am

People graduate school and take on new jobs, things get more hectic, but I hope that you'll still drop by WWN from time to time, and make the community war if at all possible. Don't be like some people and completely disappear after investing so much time in the community. Thanks for running SSC and contributing so much to the community.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:58 pm

When you wrote WWN, I thought "What?" at first but now I see WWN is back. Nice. Thanks for the kind words too.

I'll change everything to direct people to WWN sometime in November.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:41 pm

Saying that Ben contributed so much to the community is an understatement; he even managed to get *me* to reconsider and change my stance on homemade water guns! :p

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:14 am

Sometimes, I see all this and wish I did more, but life often gets the better of our ambitions.

In any case, I guess we have something nice to look forwards to; a complete merging/consolidation of the community to one forum which we've been trying to do for years. It took a while, but looks like it'll work out. I do hope for SSC to be archived well though; if it can't be merged with the WWN board, then it should at least be accessible from there. (And backed up by others as needed.)