Who runs or Wants to Run a Water Blaster/Water War Website?

Discussion of other water gun websites.
zeda.beta

Re: Who runs or Wants to Run a Water Blaster/Water War Website?

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks Steelboot, I have been wondering about another free site builder.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Sweet steelboot! I need to check this Yola thing out!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:09 pm

I've been using fateback.com (free version) for hosting HydroBrawl and it has worked pretty well for the past few years. Apparently the ads are gone too, or maybe their system simply forgot to put them on.

I prefer manually learning and coding the HTML instead of using website builders. Coding can give much more flexibility and the product is original; you know you did the work yourself instead of using templates and images someone else created. The issue is that most amateur HTML work does not look very professional nor proper, including my own. (and I've been too lazy to learn CSS layout controls which Ben has recommended in the past)

BudgieSoaker

Post by BudgieSoaker » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:15 pm

Aqua-Zone still exists, and the traffic to the site isn't too shabby. I'm not sure what you guys are doing, but last month I had 64 visits and 218 hits. I think that's pretty good for a website that hasn't been updated in two years.

My domain is up for renewal in June, and ism not sure if I'm going to renew. I may need to find a new *free* host for AZ, because I think it would be a shame to let it go offline, but paying for a domain is not on my priority list right now.

In the next couple of days I'm going to try to update the home page of Aqua-Zone at least. I read a review from my site recently, and so many articles require grammar and ease of read rewrites. I'm amazed it still gets traffic after nearly 10 years.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Aquazone was one of the first sites I frequented back in '06 when I was getting into water warfare. At this point though, I can easily say that the site's tactical ideals and training could use a little updating. =)

The site could also be getting a lot of hits from people refreshing the main page to see the different pictures on the javascript randomizer. Just thought I should note that.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 pm

BudgieSoaker wrote:Aqua-Zone still exists, and the traffic to the site isn't too shabby. I'm not sure what you guys are doing, but last month I had 64 visits and 218 hits. I think that's pretty good for a website that hasn't been updated in two years.

My domain is up for renewal in June, and ism not sure if I'm going to renew. I may need to find a new *free* host for AZ, because I think it would be a shame to let it go offline, but paying for a domain is not on my priority list right now.

In the next couple of days I'm going to try to update the home page of Aqua-Zone at least. I read a review from my site recently, and so many articles require grammar and ease of read rewrites. I'm amazed it still gets traffic after nearly 10 years.
BudgieSoaker! Long time no see!
good to still see ya lurking though you haven't been as active as you once were. Would be nice to see Aqua-Zone updated and, of course, the domain name kept if you are still willing to keep the site up and running. If you are in need of a *free* host due to budget constraints, let me know and perhaps a solution can be found.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

GutsNGlory

Post by GutsNGlory » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:02 am

You know whats funny...a year or two ago I designed a new website with glorious hopes of resurrecting everything that was in the old GnG and adding all new information. Of course I never completed it.. However, being around here to sell some soakers has peaked my interest once again. I haven't access my web portal/design in quite some time, but I'm pretty sure it still exists. Since I know I will absolutely never have time to be a full time website admin, I toyed with the idea of almost having something like a soaker 'blog', that I would be able to still comment on and contribute to the community, in a smaller but still meaningful way. I think history is important (what we forget we are doomed to repeat) and I don't think things with Aquatica should be forgotten, so I can see the value of having something to the effect of a chonological 'snapshot' of the soaker community with dates attached.