Reviving Waterwarfare.com

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Silence

Re: Reviving Waterwarfare.com

Post by Silence » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:54 am

Looks like the WaterWarfare.com and SoakerMedia.net server is down right now.

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:46 pm

WWc and SM work for me... Ben or btrettel made some changes to WWc yesterday and it's looking a lot better!
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:29 pm

...was this thread just wishful thinking or is there more going on behind the scenes that I/we don't know about yet?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:25 am

I've updated the WWc forum to the latest version of phpBB. Additionally, we now have a WaterWarWiki with user accounts linked from the forum.

Expect more changes in the near future. Feel free to contribute too by offering suggestions for modifications, forum skins, etc.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Awesome Ben! The Wiki thing is so cool...and the forums look better too. I'm joining there soon.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:45 am

WaterWarfare.com is down at the moment. Is there anything you can do from your end Lewis?

As I recall this occurs somewhat often. Perhaps we should move to a new host.

Major McMan

Post by Major McMan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:13 pm

OH MAH GAWD, did I just see the words "WaterWarWiki"? I think I died and went to Heaven. I will most definitely join. Also, I'm joining WW.com under the name "Nyarlathotep0112". Expect to see that name at the Wiki, too. :cool:
Cthulhu fhtgan..

My armory: XP 150, XP 220, stripped-down XP 70, Max-D 3000, FF ,Monster '01

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:31 am

The WWc forum had its final substantial modification done. The URLs are now shorter.

If someone else could choose a skin and do some appropriate reorganization, we could move there relatively soon.

Unfortunately my semester starts soon so it is unlikely I will be able to make more time consuming changes for a while. I'll pop in to edit the Wiki and post on the forums but can't guarantee anything else.

adronl

Post by adronl » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:15 am

I don't want to loose my identity as far as posts and work I have already done but I don't really mind the merge it might be amusing for the communities to merge because of the fact that some people have never met before.

I chose this site because it had the most organized easy to reference homemade gun designs and the administrators seem to for the most part know what they are talking about. It is fairly easy to find and has some impressive guns on it.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 pm

That's true, but I think that's what we're converting WWc into. The contest will provide the interesting, powerful, homemades and it actually is more organized than SSC. It's just that the posts aren't there yet. :cool:

I don't really want to lose my post count either, adronl.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 pm

It's still a little unclear to me whether Ben intends to migrate all posts from SSC when WWc gets up-and-running. Yeah, I know many are fond of their post counts, but post count ain't everything.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:16 pm

What I understood from Ben is that we just are discountinuing (gawd! spelling!) SSC and going to WWc instead.
SPLASH! You're dead!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:34 pm

I don't really support a merge, mainly because I am not all that sure that we could keep all of the topics from this forum and be able to transfer them to WWc.

Though I do have to admit, meeting the rest of the community would be pretty sweet. Maybe we could keep a forum on this site for help with specific things, like homemades and repairs? If not, we have to try and save all of these topics on one forum or another, otherwise we will eventually forget what we were doing if we need a referance.

-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

adronl

Post by adronl » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 am

I don't really care about post count I care about Work, there are people that post just to increase their count (annoying) and for those people it should be no problem to get their post count back up. I don't post a lot but when I do post I tend to actually put some thought into it unless being asked a question that was already answered.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:26 pm

@zetabeta: All the forum will be archived I believe. I don't know SSC's position after the switch.
SPLASH! You're dead!