Facebook groups and events

Discussion of other water gun websites.
SSCBen

Re: Facebook groups and events

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:05 pm

I asked at the DC water war's message board where it'll be located. It's at the National Mall, so hopefully people won't have trouble finding it. :)

Drenchenator and I should be able to find a good reason to go to DC that day. I'm thinking we could go to buy books or something and then attend the water war on the side. That'll kill two birds with one stone.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Woah, I just noticed the times. That's a long water war (although what can you expect?). Unfortunately, rush hour is pretty bad on the Beltway. I live 3 hours away in low traffic, so it's a long shot, but I do have family in the area.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:31 am

I missed the New York war due to the moving preparations. It would have been fun and an excellent reason to bring out the 2000s. I hope you have a good time in DC!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks, DX. The sad part is you've been looking for something like this all your soaking life, it seems. Well, I hope you make one of them next year! (By the way, where was the New York war? Central Park? Outside the city?)

Things are looking up. My aunt asked me when I want to go to NoVa and what I want to do there - so this may fit perfectly. We'll see.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:43 am

Sounds good. Let me know if you've got any plans to go to the war. I'll give you my cell phone number and we could meet up before the war.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:49 pm

The DC water fight's date has been changed. They've changed it to August 7th tentatively. There's discussion at the group about which date would be best.

Hmm.. this is starting to sound familiar... like some of the other wars we've tried to organize. Hopefully it goes through.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:09 am

A Thursday? That doesn't sound good for most people in the area, even.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:19 pm

One of the big things we should do in the future is really try to do a large water war with everything decided well in advance. Trying to get everyone to come is hard; trying to get most people to come is better and easier. Because my foot has been hurting for the past week or so, I'm actually glad that the war was pushed back--it gives me the right amount of time for it to heal properly and still get to go to a big water fight.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:47 am

Well, I hope this one goes through. I'd really like to attend it, and the extra time helps because I need to build a new water gun.

If anyone else would like to attend, join the group and say which dates would be good with you.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to attend the DC war. Maybe if they kept a consistent date it would have helped, but I didn't know what could get in the way so that's why I clicked "Maybe attending" at Facebook.

Hopefully next year's one will be better for me.

Specter

Great DC waterfight

Post by Specter » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:22 am

Ben, were you able to attend? If you were how was it? Sounds like it was supposed to be a super fun massive water fight.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

cantab

Re: Great DC waterfight

Post by cantab » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 am

Slightly OT - I came across a news article reporting on trouble at some of these big fights. Mostly non-players getting shot, but some people deciding to turn the water fight into a fist fight :-(
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:34 pm

I merged the thread into the thread with the war information. Ben said he couldn't make it, which makes me feel better for coming up short on my promise.

And yeah, a community-organized war would probably be more serious and, well, organized than one of these. We know everybody here better than the people on Facebook.