Water Warfare Codex of Tactics

Discussion of other water gun websites.
DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 pm

For the italicized portion, the point it is driving towards isn't very clear. Could you clarify it? Also, the last sentence above introduces terrain right at the end, under notes for firepower, which is not very relevant. Perhaps it would be better to make the last section something like general notes on the usage of the Fluid Line?

On the whole, the Fluid Line tactic is put forth somewhat coherently, enough to understand, but it's not very "user friendly" as you've mentioned. And some of the points could be elaborated on to give a greater scope to the Arcticle.
Basically, the gist of that section was to provide counter ideas for multiple situations based on numbers, since numbers are an essential factor for the use of that tactic. Terrain was also introduced at the end because I forgot about it and just threw it in. That's a product of me writing as I usually do: no outline, no organization, just flow as thoughts enter my mind.

All of the points can be elaborated on. But as earlier stated, there are countless many more tactics articles in need of writing. Some other articles in the Theory need these tactics explained before they make sense. That's another fault I have, I'm bad at explaining these things. In wars, I execute tactics subconsciously, there's no conscious thinking involved in most of them. That makes them difficult to understand.
But you have to want to build it and be willing to create a good amount of content for it (unless, of course, DX is willing to write 100+ Arcticles for it, though I'd find that odd for DX to be writing for another site and not using the material at SoakerMedia).
Whenever I write a Tactical Theory article, it may be used [and edited] for the purpose of the new site. That way, I don't have to write two complete sets of articles for two sites.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:41 pm

Thanks for letting me use your arcticles it's much appreciated :cool:

Look at this :

Registration is now closed. Instead of incorrectly estimating the opening date everytime, we'll
say it's opening sometime in July.

This is the message I now get when I try to register for 110mb.com's free webspace. Is it just me or do they not really care about it. Because if they wanted people to use it, they'd make it easier to sign up, right?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:34 pm

Pardon my second double post...

I have now signed up for 110mb's service (which so far looks promising). But now I have 15 days to make a web page to put on it. I'd make a banner title for the front page but it will look like crap so if someone could help me design a logo for the site, that would be MUCH appreciated. I'm also looking for templates.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:02 pm

What kind of templates? I know some of the best, but they are structure only, aka just code. If 110mb has Fantastico, which I think it does, see if you can auto-install preloaded templates. They might provide some. As for a banner, try asking Zoccoz, as most other graphic designers are long gone.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:43 pm

110mb didn't have that program to install (they have a small and specific list of programs and other things to install), so I downloaded a decent CSS free template and uploaded it and cutomized some of the font and sections. If you want to go see it as it is now, it's at http://wwct.110mb.com

EDIT! I get this error when I try to install a cms program called cmsmadesimple on my MySQL database:

Installing modules...
Fatal error: Call to a member function TemplateId() on a non-object in /www/110mb.com/w/w/c/t/_/_/_/_/wwct/htdocs/cms/cmsmadesimple/modules/Search/Search.module.php on line 408
Last edited by Monsoon on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:14 pm

I like the website so far. You're off to a great start. Work on writing content now. That's the important part.

Sadly, I don't think any of us could provide help with your scripting error. I would suggest contacting the programmers of the script for help. Very often they can recognize error messages and know the solution.

:)