Water Warfare Wiki

Discussion of other water gun websites.
isoaker_com

Water Warfare Wiki

Post by isoaker_com » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Due to some talk and one non-Wikipedia page creation, I've opted to start up an actual Water Warfare Wiki at Wikipedia. The current article is vastly incomplete even in its general nature. However, in time, the placeholder sections will gain content. All members are definitely welcome to add in/edit/refine the article. For those who have never written for Wikipedia, the entries must be kept encyclopedic in nature; that is, they should be written well, objectively, and referencing source material as often as possible. All edits should include the reason for the edit and/or explanation of what was added/removed as explained in the Wikipedia guidelines.

Presently, in the 'Further Reading' section, I've opted to only add in WaterWarfare.com's main page as that has a good listing of links to the rest of the known, active Soakerdom sites. Perhaps a select number of larger and/or information-rich sites could be added to the Wiki (i.e. SuperSoakerCentral, iSoaker.com, SoakerMedia, and one or two of ZOCCOZ's sites), but I'd recommend against using the Wiki as a sort of links hub as primary Wikipedia editors would likely frown upon such practice, potentially locking out some from editing the page.

Anyhow, hope you guys like what is written so far. Add more, change, modify, expand areas that seem lacking or are unclear. This Wiki should definitely be a group effort.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

lord malak

Post by lord malak » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:49 am

Have you thought about setting up your own water warfare wiki? As in a whole wiki dedicated to water warfare.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I did not see the date :) my bad for bumping an old post.
Current Guns: Flash Flood | Arctic Shock (trigger valve leaks) |XP Backfire | 2 max-d 3000s |blazer

Wishlist: CPS 2000| CPS 2500 | Cps 2700 |

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:07 am

That's okay. These boards have been fairly quite for the past few days due to my busy schedule, so anything is appreciated.

About a year ago Soakologist told me to set up a Wiki for him... never saw anything come from that. Someone might want to consider starting up one, or possibly we could try something at Water Warfare.

lord malak

Post by lord malak » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:28 am

If you don't mind, I could set up the wiki. I know a host and know how to admin wikis. The host would be editthis.info
Current Guns: Flash Flood | Arctic Shock (trigger valve leaks) |XP Backfire | 2 max-d 3000s |blazer

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:46 am

Someone already made a Wiki about water warfare on editthis. Those "free script" websites typically come across as cheap and never seem to work out. Those who make them typically lack the knowledge and resources necessary to add content and advertise, but a few have been successful.

My idea was to attach the Wiki to a successful website for maximum exposure. Not sure how well such an idea will float over with the other administrators at WWC, but we can discuss it here I guess.

lord malak

Post by lord malak » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:39 am

I agree. You could host it off of here, however. In this thread: http://forums.sscentral.org/t1723/ you say that you have 400 megs of extra storage. Meta wiki, the wikipedia software only takes up about 20-30 megs as software. I think this site is popular enough, and if we get isoaker and a few other websites to link to it, it might have a chance.

EDIT: This topic may be dead, I missed This thread
Last edited by lord malak on Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:11 am

I'm personally fine with it. WWC is also an option, as there's still 2300+ megs of unused space sitting there.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:07 pm

Not a bad idea actually...central forums + newsletter + wiki could be effective. But if you didn't know, we created a wiki page at Wikipedia.

lord malak

Post by lord malak » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:58 am

SilentGuy wrote: But if you didn't know, we created a wiki page at Wikipedia.
I did know that, and the reason that a whole wiki would be effective is that instead of just mentioning cps, we could go in depth. There could even be a whole archive of articles on tactics weapons and maybe even reviews.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm

We can create more wiki pages in Wikipedia now and go in depth, hoping they're not deleted. The reason there's been very little work even on the main page is because we don't have time to write.

Nice ideas, though!