When did YOU join Soakerdom?

Discussion of other water gun websites.
isoaker_com

When did YOU join Soakerdom?

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:15 pm

When did YOU join Soakerdom? I'm not referring to just joining this particular set of forums. I'm asking when you joined any of the existing or formerly existing water warfare sites.

Month and year preferred, though estimates are welcome if you cannot actually recall the month (or even the year :p ) you started interacting with other Soakerdom members online.

If I recall correctly, I found MiB Alliance at the end of 1998/early 1999. I was definitely posting there in 1999, but not sure whether I had joined while it was still 1998. :p

This thread can help identify what 'generation' of Soakerdom membership you belong to (though the generation dates could use a little better defining, too). I still wonder whether to consider myself first or second generation as I joined an already active community as opposed to being one of the first members there.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:21 am

I joined SSC on April 9, 2006, after experiencing frustration due to being unable to view an attached image--I'm pretty sure guests can't do that. Needless to say, I'm happy I joined.

Naturally, though, I had been reading everything for quite a while. I had actually visited Soakerdom the summer before, namely browsing the soakers in the iSoaker.com Armory, and I might have even come across SSC. I also managed to get out my thoughts concerning PCgHs as soon as I had joined.

Now, back on topic: I'd say I am in one of the "transition" generations, in which longtime members such as Duxburian leave for college. It comprises rising members who might have great impact, for better or worse, on Soakerdom in the future.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:54 am

I joined the day I registered for SSCentral in July 2003. I was such a newbie back then, it's funny to read my old posts. I'd get a kick in the head from the admins and moderators if I posted like that now :p
Last edited by Monsoon on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:12 am

September of 2003 at the first Waterbridge Forum, which actually is still online if anyone wants to see my "quasi-n00bish" early posts. I found SSC in Feb 04 [6 days before Spinner Image ]. I waited until that June to join WWN, and joined iSCF the first day it came online.

Not as long as many, but still a good stretch.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:20 am

My first post at Aquatica (the ezBoard) was in July 2002, though I had been reading a few websites actively for months by then, especially the Aqua-Nexus. I remember specifically that the first webpage I found however was Zero's modifications page, which really surprised me (I wondered what he had done). At Aquatica, I was looking for a CPS 3000 that was not on eBay. I had monitored eBay for a while and the water guns seemed to be very expensive, so I was hoping someone could part with one for cheap. Everything that attracted me was the nostalgia and the basic desire for a better water gun.

Turns out that I never got the CPS 3000 I was looking for, so I looked into making a backpack for my CPS 2700 (this picture is an authentic 2002 creation of mine. During that time I stopped posting because I only joined to look for that CPS 3000, typing was hard because I cut my finger. Something attracted me back however, but by then Aquatica had moved to the Ikonboard where everything fell apart. I've managed to stay around and stay relative active since then.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:16 am

According to my profile, I joined SSCentral on the 10th of February 2004, making me a member for over two years. I was also active at WWN and the old Waterbridge forum.

Belisaurius is one of the people I miss most from back then. He was one fo the few people really to be war- and tactics-oriented. It's a shame he all but disappeared.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:01 am

I joined SSC earlier this year - feb 2006 (I think), but I had visited isoaker.com 2 or 3 years earlier than that - I really don't remember more than that.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:09 am

Belisaurius is one of the people I miss most from back then. He was one fo the few people really to be war- and tactics-oriented. It's a shame he all but disappeared.
He's not totally gone...I'm fighting him again this weekend...he just doesn't feel like keeping up with the community anymore. A lot of that has to do with the loss of good old sites and teams. He may write a battle report sometime...if he ever gets a victory though. :p
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:20 am

Monsoon wrote:I was such a newbie back then, it's funny to read my old posts. I'd get a kick in the head from the admins and moderators if I posted like that now :p
Heh, same with me.
I was always interested in soakers but joined the community (sscentral) in April 2004, when I was looking for water gun reviews and found this place. I then joined the forums because I wanted to ask people what they thought about different guns and which one was right for me.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

radman

Post by radman » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:45 am

I joined on April 9 2006 that was the day I joined this forum and got interested in water warfare.
Radman

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:32 pm

I joined Aquatica in mid 2000 and made my first post in Late June of '01. I remember I was still pretty new when 9/11 happened.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:31 am

I lurked for a bit in 2000-2001, then eventually surfaced here at SSC around September 2003, but always kept tabs on Soakerdom. I was part of the original WaterWar.net, and post as often as I can. I am retired from water warfare because there is no one to fight where I live, basically.

-Rob

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:21 pm

I joined Isoaker almost a month ago, then I joined SSC a few days ago. I don't seem to understand why I suddenly started getting into water guns, but then again, it's the same case for all of my other interests.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:42 pm

Like many people, I have been using Super Soakers since I was a kid. But I first joined the online soaker community sometime in 2002. After Ben joined the Aquatica ezBoard, I joined as well under the name "Rambo005" or something like that. I don't think that I posted anything at all, but I nevertheless joined. In a way I "dropped off the face of the Earth" in soakers after that, but I resurfaced with minor interest in June 2004 under the name "Lt. Col. Drench". I made a few posts but never was active. I created another account here at SSC, the one that I use now by late 2004 (the join date for me is actually incorrect I think, but it doesn't really matter) called "Drenchenator". I have been fairly active ever since. Since then Ben has deleted "Lt. Col. Drench" and consolidated those posts into "Drenchenator".
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

solar00

Post by solar00 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:09 am

Here is my watergun history:

In spring 2005 we had problems with the cats of our neigbors chasing our own cat out of our garden.
So i finally found an excuse to buy a watergun(with my age i do need an excuse to buy one) , it was a cheap PR gun which started to leak after a few days.

A month later i bought a new one which looks more durable from a grocery store.
I didn't expect it to be so powerful (it was the CPS2100).
From that moment i became interested in CPS based super soakers.
We were having some waterfights with family members and friends and of course they were no match for me with their small squirt guns.

Then i decided i want more, but soon i found out that the powerful cps blasters were no longer made so i stopped looking until this spring.
During my hunt for waterguns (and their specs) I signed up to sscentral and Isoaker forums.
With a little efford (and money of course) it seems still possible to get most waterguns. (now i have the excuse that i'm a collector)