Free .be domain names

Discussion of other water gun websites.
SSCBen

Free .be domain names

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:35 am

http://www.eurodns.com/search/index.php

The above website is offering free .be domain names for one year that are registered this month. This is a great way to get a good URL for free. Of course, after the one year period you must pay to keep the same URL. If you are starting off your website though, this is a great start.

I already have registered trettel.be (my last name) and supersoaker.be. Plenty of other good domains are available, especially water gun related ones if I got supersoaker.be that easily. I would get others like watergun.be, waterfights.be, etc., but I want to let others in on this great deal. Top-level domains rarely are free, so get them while they last!

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 02, 2006 3:24 am

Wow, I've never even heard of .be domains. I can't believe they aren't too popular.

I would set up a site, but I really don't have time. I prefer to just post at SSC, but I encourage others to use this.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 02, 2006 9:46 pm

Saying that the domains no longer are free (they were for the month of January), you wouldn't be able to get one anyway. If you would want supersoaker.be however, it's still up for grabs. I'm not the kind of person to sell domains, and regardless, I doubt that supersoaker.be would have any real value. Hasbro hasn't even bought supersoaker.org, so I doubt they would be interested in a country-specific domain.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed May 03, 2006 12:09 am

Okay, thanks for telling me...

I don't think anybody would even let Hasbro have a .org domain. After all, they are just about the most commercial (.com) of soaker "organizations" that I know--they went to the point of regressing in soaker performance just to suit the market. I mean, that's sad--"organizations" are usually there to promote things.

That's my opinion, at least...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 03, 2006 4:26 pm

Domain name extensions used to be descriptive, but there are plenty of commercial websites using them, so they've pretty much become a new type of fluff. No one can stop Hasbro from buying supersoaker.org either. The domain registrars aren't too picky about who buys what as long as they are getting paid. It's nice to think that a human evaluates the need behind each domain registration, but it doesn't happen. Had evaluations occurred, the process would take longer and we'd probably see a lot less scraper sites (like our old .net became).