Ideas so far

Discussion of other water gun websites.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:23 pm

Doesn't look too good right now either. I'll register the domain name to let it age so that Google won't hate us when we get down to the project today. Super Soaker Central is only barely coming out of the Google Sandbox right now. SEO people say that this only applies to non-competetive keywords, but that is pure bullshit. Less than 5% of all water gun keywords are remotely competetive, and the ones that are don't even attract too many searches. I would agree with those that say the filter is on link age, but that would be too complicated to calculate. I myself believe that the Sandbox applies to all new sites and some get lucky...

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:39 am

Maybe this idea should be shelved for the time being due to inactivity. Same for the Webring, same for the website awards. Great ideas, but wrong time.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:53 am

I'm going to pop in here to ask a few questions:

What format might we produce this in?
pdf?
html?
or something else?

What might we feature?
Battle summaries? (perhaps a two sided splicing of stories would be good)
Tech updates? (although we don't get those too often)
Peoples modded/homemade guns?
Advice on performing modifications?
Analysis of certain subjects? (like new ideas, standard mods)
On the forums? (what happened on the forums since the last update)
Fiction?

How often should we release issues?
Once a week? (probably too often...)
Once a month? (would allow for some tech updates, modifications could be covered more than once without being too commonly done, would allow for new homemade builds to appear...)
Bimonthly? (Like above, but would probably be a slightly larger edition)
Or quarterly (Probably too long)

If people want me to, I'll lift some stuff from the forum, and compile it into a single document as an example...
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston