Assisting Online Soakerdom...

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:58 pm

As I've posted in the Feedback & Developments forum, I plan on building a site to spark more interest in soakers on the net. Wild Boys is doing the same. While I probably won't be able to make a site as good as him, I'm going to try my best at it when I have the time. I plan to start preparations this week and continue in September when I get back from all my trips and such. My site will be focused mainly on written content, including reviews of my soakers and creative ideas. Hopefully my site and Wild Boy's site will get online soakerdom more active and thriving again.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:04 pm

Every soaker site adds to the overall value of online Soakerdom! I look forward to what you (and Wild Boys) manage to create. As well, never worry or concern yourself with how 'good' your site is. For those new to the website building world, you need to start somewhere. First sites are usually small, but if you have good content and keep up with learning and upgrading things, you'll be amazed at what you can do!

B)
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:20 pm

Thanks for the support. Well, I should have my open trigger valve repair article finished by tomorrow. Then I should be writing a few more on K-Modding and CVF.

What I really need now is pictures. I need pictures of:

*A rubber band repair
*Pictures of different types of check valves
*Pictures of trigger valve casing (need these because its another way of how to fix an open trigger valve by opening the casing and replacing the spring

When I K-Modded my CPS 1000 I didn't really get any pictures. The only picture I took was when I had completed my open trigger valve repair using the spring method.

I've got a CPS 2100 that's still new and thankfully it got a pump cap that's not glued on. So perhaps I may mod that and then take pictures so I can show how a CVF and K-Mod is done in more detail.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:34 pm

My site is going to be more based on personal ideas and war experience, etc. than tech, because there's too many sites that have tech sections. I will put some mods up, but only the ones I accomplish myself.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Good luck with both of your sites! We need more quality sites, and this is a very good time to start some. After time goes by, your site could take off. Soaker Media started off as a completely unknown site with only a handful of articles and a hundred pics. Now we have articles pouring in, hundreds of pics to be added, and several movies planned. All this came out of nowhere. When your sites are done, SM will gladly give a link exchange. B)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:16 pm

This is probably the best time to make a super soaker site. Right now, there are only a few that are updated regularly or maintained. People are open to new sites now since there are only a few. A site that opens up now is likely to get a bunch of visitors.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:21 pm

Don't expect to see my site up too soon though. At the earliest it will be up by November. I know it sucks a bit but for the rest of this year and next year its going to be very busy for me.

Still, I may surprise you. :P

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:57 pm

It will be well worth the wait. B) It seems so far that the new sites will be released late this year or early next year. This winter will be an interesting time then. BTW I'm shooting for January 1, 2006 for release of SM v2, and January is an optimistic estimate. :(
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:27 am

I'm going to use a free subdomain when I first release my site. Only when it becomes popular will I buy a domain name. CJB.net is good and free and even though it says it puts a pop-up on your site's front page, I haven't seen this once when I've used it. I'm already writing reviews on soakers I own, and then I'll write some mods I've tried/completed. After I'll come up with a name for my site and start working out the layout, etc.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:01 am

I'm also creating a site, no content on it yet, but I'm working on getting all the pages up first :) . http://www.soakerguide.s5.com Here it is, still under construction, so check back frequently.
Last edited by Hunt_and_Annoy on Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.