The spell check function

Discussion of other water gun websites.
USSA

Post by USSA » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:20 am

Don't get me wrong I think that it is a great addition but I was wondering whether an admin (perhaps it has to be doom though) could add some of the slang words we use. It irritates me when it highlights Ridgewood, xps, xp, k-mod, cfv etc.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:33 am

Wrong forum. There's also another topic on this. In it Doom said he can't edit the spell check.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:56 am

You can use the 'learn' button to add words, but I believe it is only for yourself and not for others.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:57 am

I actually added many many words. You can't add words with dashes (for some odd reason). It interprets them as two words, and I don't believe it really adds individual word additions when I add them.

http://forums.sscentral.net/index.php?showtopic=2164

Please use this thread for all future additions of words to the spell check. Also, as Forceuser said, the learn button will add them but I believe for yourself only (not to mess up the global database).

Also, if you really wanted to, adding words to the database would be very easy for anyone because it doesn't require Admin access (it's not in the Admin CP). It's not even password protected, maybe I should protect it? :rolleyes: