Map Game?

Discussion of other water gun websites.
vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:50 pm

Yo Juno, is this game going to have a set storyline, or is it going to be like, after a battle, someone makes a storyline for the battle, and after a few battles, they link the storylines together?

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:27 pm

Originally posted by yeahyeah@Jan 22 2005, 12:44 PM
Ok, I'll probably be in on this. Btw what difference does it make if toaster is the sabres? :blink:
[snapback]21484[/snapback]

The difference is that the Sabres have the Armadillo, an armoured vehicle with a supercannon and four mounted Gemini cannons (twin semi-auto WBLs). Traditionally anyway. And also, the Sabres are a crew of four people.

Juno

Post by Juno » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:44 am

Rarrrrr! I have returned!

Yo Juno, is this game going to have a set storyline, or is it going to be like, after a battle, someone makes a storyline for the battle, and after a few battles, they link the storylines together?
There is going to be a storyline. I'm not to sure what it will be, but I did consider using the RP storyline.
Or myself and someone else who knows C++ could write a text-based MMO game. You could still set the rules, Juno. And maybe we could make it so you could control NPCs too. The BBS games of old come to mind...
Cool! I'd love to do something like that. :) I might be busy running this though.
the idea sounds interesting, it could produce a lot of long RPs.
Yeah, after a huge battle, someone could write a RP about it, and post it on the forums.
Interesting.

The difference is that the Sabres have the Armadillo, an armoured vehicle with a supercannon and four mounted Gemini cannons (twin semi-auto WBLs). Traditionally anyway. And also, the Sabres are a crew of four people.
Cool. Maybe I'll include rules for custom-made vehicles.

I'm sorry if anything sounds vague, because I just finished playing Cowboy Bebop:Space Cowboy.(I sometimes, after playing computer games get dizzy and difficult to understand.)
Got a CPS 2000 well you know it makes me feel alright,
Have an XP by my pillow, helps me sleep a little better at night.
There truly is no feeling any greater, than to soak first and ask questions later.
Now I'm, Soaker Happy, Soaker Happy every day.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Originally posted by Juno@Jan 28 2005, 07:44 PM

Cool. Maybe I'll include rules for custom-made vehicles.
Sounds good. The Armadillo should be an... interesting... vehicle to have... heh heh.

Juno

Post by Juno » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:59 pm

Update!

Weapon Stats are as follows:

Name :O bvious
Range :O bvious
Damage:How much Damage the weapon does(For example,1d6)
Skill to hit:Number you need to roll to hit.Pulse STH is in parentheses.
Move Penalty:How many move points are subtracted for holding the weapon.
Special Abilities :O bvious

Two More Stats have been added to units.

Skill:Number of dice rolled in a Skill Roll(Like 2d6)
Special Abilities :O bvious.

A d6 is a six-sided die, for all who don't know.
There truly is no feeling any greater, than to soak first and ask questions later.

yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:04 am

So if you get the sabres then what does the rest of get to pick from? Or do we make up our own teams?

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:53 pm

make up your own teams. The Sabres are my team, come up with your own. and my team has a vehicle because there's only four or five crew members (the fifth would be Eyleascial)

Juno

Post by Juno » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:04 pm

Updates!

Equipment Stats

(Armor is not considered equipment, since it will probably have a few more stats.)

Function:What the equipment does.(I.e.:Backpacks carry stuff, Ammo Bottles hold water, and Sodas not only increase speed, but boost morale greatly (especially if served chilled :P )
Move Penalty:See Weapon Stats
Special Attributes:Special Attributes (Like how much stuff a backpack can carry.)

So if you get the sabres then what does the rest of get to pick from? Or do we make up our own teams?
Like Toaster said, you get to make up your own team.

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:44 am

Whoa...Its been awhile.

Armor stats are as follows:

Armor Value:How much damage the armor can absorb before the rest continues unimpeded.
Armor Integrity:How much damage the armor can absorb before being destroyed. For every two points of damage over the armor value, subtract one AI point. When this reaches zero, the armor is throughly soaked and is useless. MP still apply however so you should probably ditch it.
Move Penalty:See above
Special attributes:Some armors have special abilities. Soaka' Fett's Mandolariun armor, for example, has hidden dart launchers. Special Attributes and their statistics are noted here.

I need to find a free image host that can host 4MB+ images if you want to see my maps. Any suggestions?