Hello and Selling painted/modded Soakers on eBay?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
webwoodrow

Hello and Selling painted/modded Soakers on eBay?

Post by webwoodrow » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:49 am

Hello there Soakerdom,

Some of the "old guard" (Ben, Freakymist, Cloud?) might recognize this nickname... I was involved, albeit mostly lurking, in the soakerdom from about mid-2001 to 2004. I, like many others made several hastily made websites about Super Soakers, hosted on free hosting sites that never seemed to last very long. (see http://hydroflash.vze.com/ or simply search "webwoodrow" in google or various soaker sites.) My best attempt was "soakage.net", which I actually paid for the hosting for, worked on for a while and basically lost interest in Super Soakers. The siren call of mountain climbing and skiing was much stronger than spraying people with water. Happily (or maybe sadly to some?) I still mountain climb and I ski professionally.

Oh yes, those were the days, when the CPS 4100 was the end of super soakers or possibly the world? Oh, I'll never forget that "sniper" character who constantly posted revealing details about himself and tried to make me contact or meet up with him. Creepy, yes? I often wondered if "sniper" was really 45 instead of 13 or how ever old he claimed to be. But I digress.

Anyways, Just wanted to say "hi", and I also I had a question. Has anyone had much success selling painted/modded soakers on e-bay? I had a habit of painting and drilling the nozzles out on my super soakers, and I am wondering how badly I hurt the resale value? I'm planning on listing them soon, as they've collecting dust in my parents basement for sometime now. I have: CPS: 1000, 1200, 2500, 2700, 3200 and a broken Mk1 2000 (for shame! I could have retired with what they sell for now!). In the XP series I have 220s, 240s, 310, 65, 85, 110, plus a bunch others I can't remember off the top of my head. :)

Thanks,

Woody aka webwoodrow aka light bulb boi (have no idea where I came up with that name.)

atvan

Re: Hello and Selling painted/modded Soakers on eBay?

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Welcome back! Ussually we recomend all sellers to eBay(unless we're greedy and want the gun), but in your case, you may get better luck here. As a past member of the community, you also understand the value of these guns better. Since you time, early CPSs have gone down in value. Painted and modded guns scare parents, the ones paying for the guns so their inept children can attack from three times the range of modern soakers. The mods and paint jobs make the gun more "scary", stoping some sales.

However, there are several here that would paint and mod the gun anyway, thus, you are just saving them a few steps.

P.S. The CPS 2100 was better than the 4100 in many ways, and therefore, I believe it should be credited as the last of the great SS.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:13 am

Back in the earliest stages of my lurking I might have come across such a name. I think it was the woody one. But, that portion of my memory is a little fuzzy from a firework incident.

However, that doesn't prevent me from remebering that my 2100 smashed the crap out of my friend's 4100.

But, as you said, I digress.
I would be willing to put up some money for the 2500 and possibly some of the xp's. Also, could you post some pictures of the collection? It would help in identifying the blasters and determining if the nozzle drill affects the value.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Captaing

Post by Captaing » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:42 am

Two questions: 1. Are those all for sale? 2. Are any of them un-drilled?(I don't mind painted)

Thanks! :)