Buying guns, cps/ homemade/ Max-d 4000

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
cantab

Re: Buying guns, cps/ homemade/ Max-d 4000

Post by cantab » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:16 pm

The MD6000 is indeed a more powerful blaster. But the 4000 is a full 7 inches shorter, making it MUCH easier to conceal. (While the 4000 is only an inch longer than the 3000 and 2 inches longer that the 2000.) In Assassins, if you're obviously carrying a weapon you're a legitimate target for anyone, instead of just the three people assigned you as their target - so you HAVE to keep the blaster covered.

Plus, the 4000 may be used in places the 6000 may not (both in the rules and from common sense.)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Lukeh

Post by Lukeh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Cantab has it, the main points are the conceilability and the fact that it is classed "water with care" meaning i can use it nearly anywhere and it is the best water with care gun currently in existence, i could use the 6k virtually only outside in which case i'd use a bigger gun.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Based on OUTPUT/S the 4000 has 1 ml more output than the 6000 on its biggest nozzle. YOu can change the nozzle and set on 20 ml/s on the 6000 and use this gun indoor than. I do not see much difference here, and I never heard that 1-2 inch of a water gun's size decides over winner and loser. :p

@Cantab THe gun is 8 cm shorther, which is only 3 INCH not 7... This is about the distance between your tappet and your forefinger. And this 3 inches should make the 4000 MUCH BETTER than the 6000 ? ... omg...

But ok, I do not want to talk at you. Believe that the 4000 is the best, this is your point of view, so it is ok. Mine is different.

Above all, I do not lose much time with weapons output/s < 100 ml This are underrated for my league... :D
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

Lukeh

Post by Lukeh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:21 pm

You dont play assassins. I dont see why i need to justify the decisions of the society to you. It seems very obvious to me why the 6k is not aloowed indoors, however you are not a cambridge student and you do not understand the limitations of playing assassins here or the likely areas of problems. Please refrain from being so strident about areas your unfamiliar with, you've never played assassins, im no idiot and i am very good at the game. I cant use a 6k effectively.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:28 pm

Guys, you like different soakers. Deal with it. People on the internet do not have to agree with you.

Lukeh, I recommend just buying a generic PR gun and drilling the nozzle to a decent size. I'm sure there are some knock-off's somewhere which will work fin with a nozzle drill and an OPRV- removal.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Right, but I already do accept other's point of view, of course :D

As written in the last post
-G-JiV- wrote:
But ok, I do not want to talk at you. Believe that the 4000 is the best, this is your point of view, so it is ok. Mine is different.
You are also right, I have not played assassin yet.

I am sorry, lukeh, Let's forget this "quarrel". I can just agree with soakernerd, get a good PR-weapon and modify it little bit(like nozzle drill and PR-valve deactivation)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:14 am

I never worked with the 4k (nor have I played Assassins, which I may come to regret later), but I've used almost every other Max-D blaster and would say that the 6k is definitely better for water wars than for Assassins. The 6k is too large to conceal, but still not powerful enough to go up against the big guns and guarantee a complete drenching from far away. It is perfect for runners who need something lighter than the light CPS's though and is an excellent blaster.

The 4k is at the larger end of the sidearm food chain. The 2k and 3k offer better concealability, but less water volume. I'm not sure on the performance, but I'd imagine the 4k performs at least as well as the 3k does.

There is no such thing as a "best" blaster though. There is only that which is preferred, and that is based on the user's experiences, abilities, and very importantly, the situation of the game. A squirt gun is "better" than a Supercannon II when a 6 year old is handling it. A Max-D 2000 is "better" than a CPS 2000 for someone who's a runner in a CTF game and cannot run as well when carrying 3L of water. You have numbers, ranges, capacities, weights, shapes, etc. but in the end, all that matters is that your blaster fits well with your task. Disposing of that "absolute best blaster" mentality and replacing it with a pragmatic, practical approach to blaster selection is one of the first steps of water warfare.

4k's however, are difficult to find. If I had to pick substitutes, I'd look towards the 3k and 2k, as well as Water Warriors' blasters. Anything that is a small to medium PR sounds like it would fit the bill here, and such blasters are usually available in stores. You can also carry water bottles for the purpose of refilling, if doing so would be beneficial. Plus, a sharp pencil/pen and a water bottle (with a thin cap) make for a great makeshift squirt gun which is great if your target doesn't see it coming, and if your game rules permit that.

Nozzle drilling. Be careful because it is easy to mess up stream lamination with a rough nozzle. With a good larger nozzle however, you may get better range if the blaster can put up the pressure. A PRV removal may help with this, but may also end up being a liability.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 am

Yeah, when it comes to modding small PR blasters, you're never going to improve it by all that much, and you might make it worse. I'd advise leaving it alone unless you can get a pair (that way if your mods make one worse, you still have another you can keep stock)
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Lukeh

Post by Lukeh » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:19 pm

I think a super soakers liquidator might be good as i think it would be wwc and outrange the max d. Does anyone have one?

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Liquidators are quite good, for their size. They have nice range and great output for a pistol. I don't think they make them anymore though.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:05 pm

The Liquidator was reputed to be an excellent sidearm. I never got my hands on one though, as they seem to be even more hard to find than CPS's sometimes. No one sells them at a decent price, so I take the Max-D's instead.

Does anyone have a Barracuda? (Being re-released this year as the Hydra, I believe.) It may also be a good option.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Haha, I do get one soon^^ :D May we can add it to the deal^^

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am

I have a Liquidator. Mine at least wasn't up to much. Stream lamination is poor, and then it became unreliable - having the trigger stick open or shut got me killed in more than one CTF match. To top it off, the shape is a bit odd, and makes the gun overall bulkier than I think it could be.

Of course, I might have had a lemon. But personally, while it's an OK gun to buy if you see it at a good price, I wouldn't go out of my way to get one.
Arsenal:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:55 pm

I loved my liquidator, great lamination, excellent shot time. The only problem I found was the max-d trigger, as always. It put a little dent in a good gun.

Oh yea, don't pay more than $7-10 for a good condition one, otherwise its probably better just to go get a medium pr from the local store.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:05 am

In my opinion, BBT guns like the Equalizer/Outlaw are just as good.