FS: GNG's Armory - Monster Xs, CPS-2500 and other jewels...

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
GutsNGlory

FS: GNG's Armory - Monster Xs, CPS-2500 and other jewels...

Post by GutsNGlory » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:40 am

Hey everyone,

Long time no post. Good to see that the forum is thriving. As some of you may know, several months ago I sold some soakers on this site, one of which just happened to be my CPS-2000. As Guts N Glory fades away, it is being replaced by a new generation. First there was MiB...then there was GNG...now there is SSC. iSoaker has kinda always been there :D

All that to say, the last remains of my armory will find more appreciation in the hands of those that have been passed the torch. Some of the these soakers were THE originals featured on my very first website about a decade ago. They are not relics. They are old warhorses that just as awesome today as they were back then. Some are ready to rock. Others are in disrepair...just waiting for you to bring them back to life. They will find better use to someone who will have as much fun as I had with them some 10 years ago. I really want to say 'own a piece of history!!!!', but that's just a little corny, isn't it :p

Here is what we have:

1. CPS-2500. Basically new. Has been spray painted flat black (an excellent job if I do say so myself). Now I kinda wish I hadn't, but it still looks good, functions perfect, and is ready to be a heavy support in all your spec ops missions.

2. Monster X. Brand new. Never used. Immaculate. I put this one aside when they weren't making any more and supply was drying up.

3. Monster X aka 'The GRIZZLY' - One of my modifications to a M-X...the front nozzle selector was removed and instead it featured a 'shotgun' type nozzle. Honestly, it doesn't work as well as I had hoped, but still gives an awesome close range drenching. Water chamber expanded 50% for more shot time, and custom painted black with a sweet grizzly bear on it. A Guts N Glory original.

4. XP-70. Good small primary or large backup. In excellent condition and working order.

5. CPS-1700. Currently out-of-commission. Missing the front nozzle cap but nozzle selector is intact and functions fine. I believe the issue is with the firing/trigger system and fully repairable. Just no time.

6. CPS-1000 aka 'CPS-10,000' - this is where it all started. In one of my original articles I had discovered how to freeze the check valve which allowed for more pressure build up (which can never be a good thing! :) ) and this was the prototype test bed for the package. It is currently out of commission due to a fault in the firing mechanism. Think of it as a drag car that needs work. You will need to rebuild part of it, but once it is up and running it is a screamer. Shot about as far as my old CPS-2000 but with more stream coverage. Was a faster shot, too.

7. Storm 750. Try finding one. One of the first waterguns featured on GnG, the 750 is the quintessential backup gun, it is perfect. This particular example is red and in fabulous shape.

8. Storm 500. Equaling the 750 in finesse and stream quality, the 500 traded in water capacity for its small size. A robust mini backup.

9. I hate to do this, but alas, I think the time has come. Up for sale is my beloved XP-150. I puchased this soaker at a Kmart in Cali back in 1998 brand new. It has been lovingly taken care of and any signs of abuse are from when I mistakenly let someone else use it. This is the main soaker I used for the Dominator Wars, and has been like a faithful friend. It has seen a LOT of water combat. My favorite soaker of all time, and what I believe to be the finest non-cps technology soaker ever made, bar none. If you have never held one or felt one, the feel and balance is awe inspiring. This one has the benefit of being fully open-able, with a reinforced firing mechanism (the weak point on all XP-150s).
If someone wants it bad enough, they'll let me know. This is THE featured soaker on my site back when I first created it, as shown in the pictures.

If you are interested in purchasing any of the Guts N Glory original armory, please contact me at my email - screamtheword@gmail.com. Please do not message me on the forums as I probably won't see your message for quite some time. In your inquiry, let me know what you'd be willing to pay for each. I am not as interested in making a killing on desirable soakers as I am in making sure they go to a good home, someone that will derive as much joy out of their use as I did. Isn't that what its all about anyway?

Let me know! Thanks!