Soaker Awareness System

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
soakernerd

Soaker Awareness System

Post by soakernerd » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:33 pm

I do not know if this already exists, but I believe it should.
If this is acceptable to the moderation team, I think there should be a thread in which members can post what guns they've seen, and where. This would go a long way towards helping those looking for a specific soaker.

Here are the proposed formats:

Online:
Name of gun
Link to the site
Price

In Stores
Name of gun
Chain (target, walmart, toys r us, etc.)
Price
State

So what do you think?

Specter

Re: Soaker Awareness System

Post by Specter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:27 am

There's a thread like that in the marketplace, but I believe it's only based on ebay items
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:51 am

Cheap HydroBlitzes!

In Stores
Name of gun: HydroBlitz
Chain: Big Lots
Price: $20
State: CA

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:24 am

Moved to marketplace. This is that thread!

I've run a similar idea for the UK in the past.

My advice is to change the format a bit though. Location first, then store - including checked branch if appropriate. Then each blaster and the price.

Chain: Argos

WW Kik [sic] Grip XL twin pack: £4.99. (The picture shows a Sting Ray, so I don't know what you will actually get.)

SS Bottle Blitz: £7.99

SS Hydro Fury twin pack: £9.99

SS Vaporizer: £9.99

Chad Valley Crossfire: £9.99. Appears to be rebranded WW.

SS Rattler: £14.99

SS Shot Blast: £19.99

SS Flash Flood: £24.99
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Good idea. There's a similar thread at NerfHaven with over 2000 replies... and the topic title has been spelled incorrectly for years. :p

Topic pinned.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 pm

CPS 1500 at $20 right now. Will take a few days and the price will probably go up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LARAMI-SUPERSOAKER- ... 53e05c4dcd

Expedition at $10. Don't know if this one will get many bids since people searching "super soaker" won't find it. http://cgi.ebay.com/BUZZ-BEE-TOYS-BLAZE ... 53e05c5d4a

Shipping for both is at $12 however, making the Expedition close to retail price and it's used. (which I believe is $25)

As for stores, I've seen the following. (stores are in Troy and Rochester Hills, MI)
Meijer:
WW Vindicator $22
Equalizer (can't remember, probably $10)
Renegade (can't remember, probably $15)
Sting Ray $5
Hornet (twin pack, $10 per pack)
SS Bottle Shot (forgot price, probably standard retail)
Max-D 3000 twin pack $10
Iron Man, $20 if I remember correctly (Iron Man = Arctic Blast, no Max-I, main trigger non Max-D)
Shot Blast ($20 probably)
Various off-brand items; water balloon packs, squirt guns, various cheap water balloon slingshots

Target (unsure on prices, assume standard retail):
WW Vanquisher
Renegade
Equalizer
SS Shot Blast
Bottle Shot

And that's all I recall seeing from the stores. It should be noted that I have not seen any Flash Floods around, and the WW Barracuda that my local Meijer used to carry is not around either.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:52 am

C-A_99 wrote: (Iron Man = Arctic Blast, no Max-I, main trigger non Max-D)
a non Max-D trigger for the Arctic blast?!? may have to get one of those. Fear of it breaking is the only thing that has kept me from buying something from hasbro. (although the 2010 line has NO triggers, they also suck, given that they are between $15 and $20)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 am

I posted about the Iron Man around iSoaker. I didn't get to try one but I tested the model from the store and was surprised to see that the main trigger didn't click. I thought the particular model was broken and I nearly walked away assuming so, but I tried some of the other ones to find the same thing. The flood trigger is still Max-D but since those springs are thicker, they are far less likely to snap. The only concern is that after some time, thorough lubrication may be needed. (as was the case for my old FF, which "fixed" the gun when I applied silicone grease)

Worthless as it was to mention the triggerless 2010's, I just reported what I saw anyway. The Bottle Blitz is smaller than I thought, though that may be because the packaging seperates the bottle.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:43 pm

The Expedition is $20 normally, C-A_99.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:39 pm

10$ + 12$ shipping

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:12 pm

I've seen Expeditioners before for $20 at stores. $10 is definitetly (jeez-spelling) a deal unless the shipping costs a lot.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:28 pm

I heard the Expedition went to $25 as the official retail price, though it's likely that retailers avoided it to maintain sales, though of course they don't have a problem with selling the Shot Blast at $20 as well. Though the auction I posted is for a used Expedition so it's only helpful for those who actually want one (they aren't that good anyway) but can't find it in stores.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:44 am

Don't you mean Blazer?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Yup, it's a Blazer, not an Expedition. My bad. However, seeing as how they're still basically the same, it's preferable to get the Expedition from the stores.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:30 pm

UK INFO

The Entertainer is selling Buzz Bee blasters this year! (Last year they were carrying Lanard's).

Seen in the Birmingham store:

Sting Ray £5
Steady Stream 2 pack, £10 I think it was
Kwik Grip XL 3 pack for £5
Pulse Blaster £10
Sphinx £10 (renamed Lightning, see my thread in general)
Expedition £20
sadly no sign of the Vindicator or Vanquisher for Britons yet.

The Entertainer is also carrying both Buzz Bee's and Hasbro's foam dart weaponry.

TK Maxxis usually worth a shot. I checked the Birmingham store today. Nothing truly great, but they have some of the Mizumi blasters, which aren't the most powerful to my understanding but they sure do look awesome. They also have some interesting off-brand blasters, including motorised and other uzi-style blasters for a bit of 1980s nostalgia; colours are mid blues and greys so while not realistic they're not neon bright either.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: