Places to buy

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
scorpion

Post by scorpion » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:11 pm

In the summer, check out dollar general. Summer 2004 I found XP 110 NIB for 8 bucks. I was going to buy it but when I had the money it was gone. :(

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:56 pm

For those of you in Canada, you can get mk.2 Monster Xs from toysrus.ca. At $49.99CAD, sounds like a good deal! Of course, that doesn't include postage. If you want one, though, you'd better get there quickly!
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:30 pm

Nice find spinner! If you do live in Canada, I suggest picking one up. The MXL disappointed me, but the Monster and Monster X gave the monster series some redemption.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:02 pm

Check this out. It may be a German website but it is selling a brand new CPS 1-3-5 Blaster for €19.99. It was originally €59.99! I know this gun has mixed opinions but someone may still be interested in it. You may be able to translate the page or contact this place.

Super Soakers on German Shop Site

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:46 am

I think my brain just kicked into overdrive. While reading this topic, I had a flashback to about a month ago. I was in my local Walgreens, and glanced at their wall of water guns (quite a big wall, I must say). If I'm not mistaken, they had a CPS 2000 just... sitting there... with all the other unworthy pieces of plastic. Why didn't I buy it? Why? WHY? :angry: The most logical answer would be me getting abducted by aliens at the instant I reached for the coveted soaker.

Well, I know where I'm going tomorrow morning. :D Anyway, if this wasn't just a fluke and other Walgreens still have some in stock, check em out. And if they have a few hundred, make sure you send a few my way. :)
[img]http://www.geocities.com/sinfoxdreamcore/bnr.jpg' border='0' alt='Picture of a Super
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:46 pm

Wow! You should have got that. Never seen one new in a store before. Probably one of if not the best find ever at this time. And were in 2005 now! 9 years after it was discontinued! :Hey, that's funny.:

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:04 pm

Wild Boys, ever heard of adding insult to injury? <_<

If it's still up there when I get there, I'm definitely throwing myself a party. Right after I grab it, throw about twice what it's worth on the counter in my hurry, and run out into the parking lot screaming at the top of my lungs like a rabid mongoose, that is. :P

You know, it just occurred to me that if it's not there, I might be able to find some good bargains at the local overstock/closeout store. I saw a brand new Furby in there once, so finding a few choice pieces of artillery might not be out of the question!
[img]http://www.geocities.com/sinfoxdreamcore/bnr.jpg' border='0' alt='Picture of a Super
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:09 pm

I didn't mean to sorry. Its just that it was a great find!

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Originally posted by Wild Boys@Jun 20 2005, 01:09 PM
I didn't mean to sorry. Its just that it was a great find!
[snapback]25393[/snapback]

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, WB. I was actually trying to add a little sarcasm. :D

I know it was a great find. But, as of now, my friend is borrowing my car (a BIG mistake on my part), so unless I want to walk about 100 miles just to check, I'm going to have to wait for another two hours before he gets back. Bleh. :blink:
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:36 pm

If anyone can get on-base, at our local AAFES they have the Shield Blasters, Arctic Shot, Triple Shot, and Flash Flood. I don't remember how much they cost, but there's no sales tax.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:34 am

Just a little follow up to the Walgreens story. I finally managed to get my car back and get out there, but my CPS 2000 was gone. I'm not surprised. :(

I picked up a knock off blaster called the "Spray Masters XXL," which I knew was going to be pretty bad. It's piston based and has a strap, which is a plus over my two vaporizers, but the stream is a lot smaller. It still blasts off tags in UWF games pretty well, but the range is questionable. I'm going to try my hand at modding it, but if it doesn't work, I still have a strap to use for a vaporizer. :D

Moral of story: Get big guns when you see big guns. Don't buy junk.

The brothers Grimm got nothin' on me, yo. :Hey, that's funny.:
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:10 pm

[at]^,

You could try something like this.... I've only seen it done on a Vapo', but I'm sure it could be done on another piston gun.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Fox

Post by Fox » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:27 pm

That's the mod I was thinking of. I just used it in a game, and I've changed my opinion on it. As of now, I think a dollar-store squirter would be a better bet. I still have my box and receipt, so I'm going to see if they'll take it back. I'll only try to mod it if I can't get my ten bucks back. -_-

Heh.
Soaker' />
U.W.F.F.I.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:34 pm

About a month ago I picked up 2 SS 50's, and a XXP 175 at a yard sale for $7 USD! A real bargin if you ask me!

I got a dollar store gun to go 30 feet once. Too bad it fell on concrete and broke.
I don't check this forum anymore.