DC area war 2010

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
SSCBen

Re: DC area war 2010

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Sorry guys, but I've decided to postpone this until perhaps next year. I'd like to focus on my work for the next few months.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey, I'd like to see if we can get this going again for 2011. I'll be looking for a full-time job this summer, but can probably find some time to make it to a war. May have to push for a slightly different location though, depending on how things work out.

There are several possibilities for me. One of my friends sometimes visits amusement parks around the area and I could tag along; Six Flags Great Adventure and Hershey Park in particular. Hershey Park is quite great; they have water cannons and the Roller Soaker, though I doubt that an actual water war within the park would work out all that well, and it would be a waste of money anyway. Along the trip I should be able to stop by DC and attend said hypothetical water war.

The other possibility is if my parents decided to take a road trip to Maryland again. DC would be a good location for that.

Let's find out what we're all doing this summer, and see if we can string something together.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 am

I'd be up for that, but the travel time and distance are the factors that really play into whether or not I could go. That and the fact that I currently only have a CPS 1000 and a (soon to be modded) vanquisher for battles and the like. (Some smaller soakers too, but not all that many)
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:23 am

Depending on how many people go with me (given that I can go), I should have enough medium and high end CPS's to supply for others. I'm sure that's the case for most other would-be attendees as well.

If this is indeed possible, it'd be worth starting another thread for. I decided to revive this one instead; we can use it until we know for sure that such an event can be scheduled.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Hmm... I'd like to go, but the main problem would be my parents. I don't know if they'd let me travel all the way to DC just for a water war (Maybe if we went to the Smithsonian museum while we're there, they may let us. :p ).

Hershey Park is closer, but I still don't think my parents would let me go. I'd drive myself, but I don't have my license yet.

I have quite a few blasters, but most of them are weaker Hasbro junk.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be doing much this summer, so I'd definitely have time, the question is whether or not my parents will agree.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm actually relying on friends who are good with road trips to get a ride there. I won't have my license until just before summer begins (yeah, it kept getting delayed lol), and even once I do, I wouldn't be able to make a 10 hour road trip by myself.

There's no excuse for anyone to lack a sidearm, other than not wanting to carry one. I'm sure everyone has a Max-D 2k/3k/Hornet/Barracuda or whatever, or perhaps medium-small blasters like the FF, Tiger Shark/Sphinx, or even medium WW's (Gorgon, Orca, Expedition/Blazer.)

We may have to wait for Ben to check in on this whenever he has the time. Otherwise, someone else in the area can host it perhaps. Of course, if all of you in the south don't mind driving all the way to Michigan, I could make an attempt at wrapping something together. I may even be able to get iSoaker and Evangel (who used to be active at iSn and whom I've had a couple of wars with) over if the big war's in southeast Michigan.

Regardless of what we do, how much we have to drive, etc., we got to have a big community get-together someday.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I don't know, I'll think about it, but my parents probably won't let me go.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:16 pm

I could certainly host it (Though I've never done that sort of thing before.), there's a couple of pretty cool places around here to battle at. You'd all have to come to upstate New York though.

As for Michigan, I think that's about a day's worth of driving from where I am (Depends where in MI of course.), so I don't think I could attend it if it were held there.
Regardless of what we do, how much we have to drive, etc., we got to have a big community get-together someday.
Oh, definitely. Wouldn't it be great if we had some sort of water warrior convention every year? We could all take turns hosting it. Once I get a driver's license I could probably go pretty much anywhere (In North America anyway.).

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:37 am

Well, I live in Troy, 30 minutes north of Detroit so it won't be as bad as if I were further north and/or east.

An annual kind of event would be cool. Those who don't have a license yet and don't have friends able to make the trip may have to find some excuse from parents to attend, but other than that I'm not sure what can be done. There's definitely a lot to do in DC aside from water warfare though.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:05 am

MI is pretty close for me, a lot closer than D.C. anyway. I'm probably not going to get any new soakers between now and summer, but I will be getting my driver's license.

(Fingers crossed that my parents let me go)
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Just like last year I am available selectively. If there is more interest being expressed in the Michigan area I would be willing to drive out there.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:50 am

It shouldn't matter that much for me, depending on the viability of the road trip planned. If it is indeed in DC, then I need to get at least a date range as soon as possible so we can plan accordingly.

No clue where would be a good place for it in Michigan, I'd have to talk to the other group I water warred with earlier.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Well, like I said, I am willing to host it if upstate NY is good for everyone. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be able to attend. However, I hope to get my license sometime in the late summer (I need 50 hours of driving with my permit.), so if you guys hold it later in the season, I could possibly go. DC is closer than MI from here, so there would be a better chance for me to go if it were held in DC.

We are planning a cross-country trip in September or October, to go out west and see the national parks, and we probably will drive past Detroit on the way out there, the only problem is, it will probably be too cold for most people then, and we probably won't have time, since we want to get out there as soon as possible.

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 am

We aren't going to get anywhere this way. We need specific information. The only reason the war was going to be in MD was because Ben, I think, was willing to host. Therefore, I want everyone to give me the following info:

Your nearest Metro area (no addresses please)
Where you are willing to travel to
Actual dates available (guess if you have to)

How many people you can bring to each proposed location: Michigan, DC, Upstate NY, Raleigh NC, and any others that might be proposed. Again, guess if you have to.

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 am

I am near Raleigh, NC
I am willing to travel anywhere east of the Mississippi, plus Minnesota

I am available:
May 9th-31st
June 1st-10th, 26th-30th
July 1st-14th, 18th-31st
August 12th-27th

I can invite 18 people to a war around Raleigh, though I suspect I’d only have 6 show up, as it’s usually only 1/3rd of the people I invite that show up.
Charlotte or South Carolina : ~4.
Anywhere else: 1 or 2

This is probably going to be the last free summer I have until I retire, so I'd really like to get a good war going while I'm still in school.