New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Fredcompany

Re: New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Post by Fredcompany » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Fredcompany and zeda were reviewing the contents of the chip. They couldn't even get past the second layer of security. It looked hopeless. There was no chance of them finding what was on it soon...

"Yes!" shouted Zeda. Fred looked over to see what Zeda had done. "There's a scrambled JPEG image here that if you run through some image sharpening and scrambling on an image editing program, produces this!"

Fred looked at the screen more closely. Written on a black background, in very dark grey lettering, was one quite long word. It was too dark for him to see what it was.

"Turn up the brightness and contrast on the screen." Fred said. Zeda had already started doing this as he said it. The image still wasn't clear enough. Zeda upped the brightness and contrast in the image editor. Suddenly Fred could just about read the image. All it said was one word.

Peppermint.

Something clicked in Fred's brain. Surely it didn't mean that? He opened his laptop bag and took out his battered old Dell Mini 10v. It had been hacked in so many different ways that it was basically a different computer. It couldn't match the latest gaming computers in speed, but what it lost in speed it made up for in versatility. It was the ultimate hackers friend. Never mind the fact that it was over 20 years old.

He booted up the laptop, and selected one of his 15 boot options. It was called "Linux Peppermint." He had torrented it when he was 13, and it was one of his fastest free operating systems.
"What are you doing?" said Zeda.
"I'm booting Peppermint. It's a very old version of Linux. It hasn't been updated for 10 years, so it's perfect if you want to code something obscurely. You just need to make it only work on Peppermint, or an OS disguised as Peppermint." Zeda handed over the chip. Fred slotted it into one of the Dell's modified USB slots.

Suddenly, the floor burst open upwards, and five Rogue troopers stepped out, all pointing water guns at Fred and Zeda. Fred closed the laptop, activating the 5 layers of security, and crushed the chip between his fingers. It had already been copied onto his laptop's hard drive, and sent to a secure satellite.

Not sure if that's very realistic, but oh well.
I'm a dude

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 pm

The Story So Far....
Welcome back everyone! I've come out of Soaker's Hibernation from the Winter, and I think most other people will have too, so we can get back on track. Here's the story so far to summarise in low detail:

The Independents (our characters who are surviving guerilla style across Camp Water Warfare): Zapper, Zeda, EBA, Joe, Bubba, Loller, Chris, Eric, Drake (temporarily, has his own team), Luke, Juch, Fred, Robert (currently captured), other un-named members

The Rogues are the enemy, led by Jack "Phorerunner", who was the founder of Camp WW, and recently betrayed the members of the camp, leading to this schism. He sided with the Rogues, who use extremely powerful water weaponry and are trying to install a harsh, violent way of water warfare into the camp.

Latest events: Eric found his father's advanced water rockets, Steven is a character who has a plane and can air-drop water/weapons in, Zeda and Fred investigated an AI chip and have sent the info about it to a secure satellite just as five Rogues have bursted into the room they were in.

VOLUME TWO - "TIP OF THE ICEBERG"

Fred and Zeda dropped to the floor as the Rogues burst in, as they had no weaponry on them. The Rogues moved menacingly towards them, their weapons raised, ready to abduct them both...

"Now!" shouted EBA from behind the Rogues, who span around in surprise. Seven Independents including EBA and Drake were there, each with a bucket of ice cold water, and they all threw the freezing water at the Rogues at the same time. The Rogues almost screamed at the sheer quantity of chilling H20 that hit them, and they ran out of the door of the shack, bursting past the Independents (who now fired burst shots at the Rogues), and sprinted back into the woods, away from Piston Valve Barracks.

"Thanks, I guess...." said Zeda, a little surprised from how quick the events had gone.
"No problem," replied EBA, "now what did you find? We need to know quick."
"Not sure, they burst in whilst we were busy investigating. The copy of the AI chip has been stored on a secure satellite. It'd take a few seconds for the satellite to return the contents of the chip to my laptop."
"Alright, but pack your stuff, because we're moving over to the Larami Estate for this night. It's one of the few un-occupied buildings left. You can recieve the files there. Let's move."

Zeda and Fred packed up and joined the squad to securely move to Larami Estate under the cover of night. By now, the Independents had grown used to moving silently through low-light; Drake had taught them alot about stealth, such as walking on the sides of their feet to minimise movement sound. They moved through the foliage like shadows. Drake also admired their much improved unit cohesion, as he covered the left wing of their soundless formation.

Come to think of it, Drake had seen the Independents improve dramatically since the betrayal. They were still moderately experienced pre-schism, but now he noticed that they had learnt much from the disaster; their individual skills which they had previously relied on had been superseded by much more useful co-operative skills. Now, they would fire in pairs most of the time, so that at least one of them could always be surpressing the enemy. Their tactical awareness had soared; they constantly watched for flanking maneuveres, they almost sensed incoming streams of water and dodged them, and sometimes it was like a phsycic link between them, in that they could actively re-form and plan mid-battle. It was near-perfection. Subsequently, the sucess of their raids on Rogue caches had been near 100%, and the whole band of them had learnt endurance.

Most importantly, Drake felt like he was finally with equals. Before in CWW, he had been working with (whilst they all were skilled individually) headless chickens. But now, there was a sense of equality; they could agree on maneuvres, they would not argue over tactics but rather discuss, and this was all what Camp Water Warfare needed right now. A flawless unit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at the Larami Estate at about 11:57, after evading patrols with ease and even taking one guard down without alerting the rest. The rest of the Independents had already been waiting here, with a satellite map of the camp projected from a 40 year old projecter onto a wall.

"Good, you're back." said Zapper, who was at the front of the room with a stick, pointing at places on the map. "We need some opinion. We think the next best thing to do would be to re-take Orca Shelter and Lakeside Barracks; from there we can move up Oversoaker Hills and proceed to infiltrate Objective Delta."
"It's a nice plan, but it'll have to wait. We need to de-code the AI chip data. Find out what this is." They all huddled around Fred and his laptop, anxious as they began to delve into what would instantly throw the whole situation to a whole new level. What they had been through....was just the tip of an iceberg compared to what this chip would bring....

And I think Fred might be the one to reveal what this AI will hold that is so crucial.
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:02 pm

We should start a new thread for this.

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Sure if you want, but I CBA myself, sorry. I kind just wrote all that so I'm out of energy, even to make a thread and CTRL+V the start of Volume 2 in. :P
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:41 am

Yeah, things died out awfully. I guess it was becoming too much work to keep up with.

Volume 2 should mostly go over the re-taking of CWW? I don't know. I'll have to re-read all the old posts and see where we are exactly.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Sorry, back from winter hibernation. So what happened while I was gone?

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 pm

It's pretty messy and I don't blame you for not going through it. That said, I haven't gone through it myself, so I can't really summarize it either.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm

I just read TheTyphoon's post, so I'm caught up. Also, I think we should start a new thread for this, like martianshark said.

JTSWings

Post by JTSWings » Mon May 23, 2011 9:12 pm

OK got it edited....I thought you were supposed to put your real age....but now I got it corrected, with a fictional person
Name:The Sniper Pilot
Nicknames: Sniper
Height:6 foot
Weight:150lbs
Appearance/Clothing: short sleeves camo shirt, shorts/fighter pilot suit
Physical Characteristics:Tall, muscular
Personality: sniper type, quiet
Strengths:sniping, piloting, RC piloting
Weaknesses:being attacked by suicidal persons
Primary Weapon:RC Plane with FPV and water balloon bombs
Secondary/Backup :X X-50 from RP1
Sidearm:Water balloon slingshot
Other Weapons:Water balloons
Gear:Shield
Has access to:The Airport, Aircraft
Player History:Good pilot, good RC pilot
Last edited by JTSWings on Tue May 24, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supersoaker Noob. My arsenal: Water Warriors Ultimate Outlaw, Squirt gun(not the usual. It's one like the ones in window cleaners etc. Works really good, better than toy squirt guns!)

I love flying RC Planes....I own enough electronics for 3 planes, but none are flying

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 pm

There's an edit button on the bottom right of each post.

JTSWings

Post by JTSWings » Tue May 24, 2011 2:42 am

Yeah, but I'm using an iPhone and it won't let me do it, and I don't know when I'll be able to use Internet on computer
Supersoaker Noob. My arsenal: Water Warriors Ultimate Outlaw, Squirt gun(not the usual. It's one like the ones in window cleaners etc. Works really good, better than toy squirt guns!)

I love flying RC Planes....I own enough electronics for 3 planes, but none are flying

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 24, 2011 5:48 am

You should create a new thread for this (if your phone lets you), so as not to confuse participants with the previous 9 pages of the older one here.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

JTSWings

Post by JTSWings » Tue May 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Sorry, this is my first time RPing....I thought you were supposed to put your real age etc.....but now it's edited....and I have access to computer on internet; my dad got a modem this morning. are we supposed to control our own characters or can other people control them too?
Last edited by JTSWings on Tue May 24, 2011 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:58 am

Typically you control your own characters but can dictate others'.

The RP is pretty dead right now and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't bother reading all 10 pages of it. (As long as you checked out the screenshots to my sweet map, it's all good lol.) We may start another one as a sequel, I don't know. I'm too lazy and brain-dead to keep track with all the characters and happenings now anyway lol. Too much branching off has been happening I suppose.

JTSWings

Post by JTSWings » Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am

C-A_99 wrote:Typically you control your own characters but can dictate others'.

The RP is pretty dead right now and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't bother reading all 10 pages of it. (As long as you checked out the screenshots to my sweet map, it's all good lol.) We may start another one as a sequel, I don't know. I'm too lazy and brain-dead to keep track with all the characters and happenings now anyway lol. Too much branching off has been happening I suppose.
lol OK. Maybe we all could write a story following one person. It would be easier for readers to keep track of.