New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
lollerdude98

Re: New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Post by lollerdude98 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:53 pm

:D The bomber was just something I came up with on the fly, I wanted my character to have some uniqueness, instead of some random camper with a CPS 1000.
Last edited by lollerdude98 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Loller was blown back from the shockwave of the blast. His shoes had been soaked in the blast, but otherwise, he was dry. Cursing at Steven, he took his running shoes off and wrung out his socks.Placing his socks and shoes back on, he proceeded to wave at the Elephant tank to get its attention.
I'm kind of stuck until Typhoon posts, so I'll wait and read in the meantime :D

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:46 pm

H'okey dokey, here we go. P.S. Lollerdude: No it's OK, you're not too late, because in the RP, we had a few un-named recruits who were part of Camp Water Warfare.

Loller walked back up Ambush Trail with Zeda, who was still mouth-opened at the airstrike. They reached the Elephant again, and the rest of the Independents simply gawped at the sheer soakage ability of the airstrike.

"This almost seems redundant now....." said Chris, tapping the tank, reflecting the views of everyone else. "However. We need to move quickly....she's running low on power, and there isn't anywhere to recharge her. We'd have to reach a building with a plug and wait a good....eight-ish hours for about three-quarters of charge."

Bubba poked his head out of the hatch up to the top of the tank where everyone was sitting.
"Well that's no good.....eight hours and we'll be saturated meat."
"He's right. We can't risk storming and capturing a building. The Rogues will simply be too large in number; at least 50 of them were patrolling the House the other day." added Eric, with Juch nodding, to confirm the story as true.

Chris pondered but no ideas came to mind. He looked to Drake and EBA, the two master tacticians of the group, but they too shook their heads, unable to think of any building that might be breachable with the right maneuvers. Chris pulled a scrap of damp paper out of his pocket, a piece he stole from Jack's office once, through curiosity. The text on it was plain and unhelpful. It simply said: "Alpha Whiskey Romeo - Tango Sierra Sierra". Nothing more than some NATO Phonetic rubbish. In a last ditch effort, Chris nudged EBA and gave him the paper, explaining how it was from Jack's office. EBA's eyes opened at once.

"Eric!! Shuffle over here!" said EBA hurridly. Eric moved over and sat on the tank's rounded turret section.
"What?"
EBA whispered in Eric's ear, seeming to explain something to Eric, who looked excited and shocked at the same time. Chris was frustrated at the lack of information he was able to make out from the whispering.

"What is it?!" Chris asked impatiently. Drake, Zapper, Juch, Zeda and Loller had leaned in a little too, intrigued by the apparant hope.
"This, Chris, is a message. Alpha Whiskey Romeo - Tango Sierra Sierra; it means something. We know what it means! It stands for Advanced Water Rocket - Tiger Shark Shelter! Jack has stolen one of Eric's dad's projects. Eric's dad used to make water rockets that could go for ages, that could detonate water everywhere on impact, that could be controlled; even launched from underwater! And now we know where it is!"

The information took a little time to sink into everyone's head. But a sense of urgency got the message across, and soon people were scrambling inside the small sized tank; ten of them cramped inside, as the Elephant motored over the lakewater onto the shore next to Blue Docking Platform. The Elephant then reached the Tiger Shark Shelter, where the tank started to stutter on low energy. They subsequently hid the tank with huge amounts of twigs and foliage, and plugged a lead from it to Tiger Shark Shelter's single plug. Hopefully it would not be seen in the next 12 hours.

The team then set to work searching the Tiger Shark shelter area, looking everywhere to find the cache where the Advanced Water Rockets would be. Finally, Eric pulled a panel up from the ground, which revealed a rectangle pit underneath it. It was a fairly large cache, 2m wide and 4m long. It contained large rockets, approximately 1.5m high, which were full of water and ready for launch. They were usually used for recreational use, simply to fire them for fun. In water warfare they had served as flares and signals. Eric's dad had made them into practical weapons. The larger rockets could make a large splash when they hit the ground, and also were underwater capable and controllable. Many of the Independents were desperate to try the amazing rockets, but Eric would be the first to try one.

He set the stand up quickly, and attatched the tall rocket. Priming the boosters and the main bottle which fired water out, he took several paces back, took the controller and pressed the large "launch button". Within a second it streaked into the air, leaving water vapour in its wake. Eric looked at the controller to find it had a display screen, showing the live footage of the rocket's onboard camera. Clearly it was thus not for hitting the ground at high impact to splash water everywhere. Nevertheless, he controlled the rocket to fly over the destroyed Rogue blockade. Many of them were concious and pointing at the rocket. Gasping as the camera showed the Rogue starting to move towards the shores and start searching for him and the others, he turned the controller off, forgetting that rocket's fate.

"We have to move - now. The Rebels are back on their feet. The tank's out, so we'll have to move on foot. Ready your weapons everyone. I'll take two of the controllable splash rockets." Eric strapped the two rockets to his back and put the rest back in the cache, and covered it with the metal panel again. "Let's move, team."

Chris primed his CPS 2500 and started to move out with the others.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"IS IT READY, I SAID?!" Jack shouted over the walkie talkie, in an angry mood. He had little time for snivelling engineers when he'd just been embarrassed by an amphibious tank AND an airstrike. The engineer replied. Jack smiled.
"Good. Send it out. Now. Tell it to find the Independent fools."

The engineer opened the doors of the huge garage near to Camp Water Warfare. Three Rogue troops outside the garage gasped as they saw what the engineer had built, and then rubber their hands together in anticipation

In the garage was a menacing, jet-black machine that barely fit inside the dark, gloomy garage.

"Welcome," said the Engineer, "to my garage, fellow Rogues! This is the Bison Tank!"

To be continued.....
Last edited by TheTyphoon on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Um, Joop is just Zeda's real name, sorry for any confusion there. I could make him into a separate profile if it would help.

As they started away from the shelter, Zeda looked over what he had found on Ambush Trail. It looked like a beaten up sidearm, styled after the Storm line of guns. But the only thing that didn't have a single speck of dirt on it was the cap. So he twisted it off, and saw that the underside had a small tab.

Pulling that off, he discovered a small chip, remeniscent of the SD card the had found earlier. He shouted, "Hey Eric, what do you make of this?" Eric jogged over, and he stated, "That's an A.I. chip, but it's the smallest one I've ever seen. We'll take a closer look at it when we have some more time."
Last edited by zeda.beta on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

supersoakerman

Post by supersoakerman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:49 am

Robert was looking for a good place to test his new modded guns (nerf and SS)
so he came across an ad in the paper about a war at camp water warfare and theyneed troops so he went off to the camp and as he walked through they gate he was ambushed so he quickly grabbed his modded nerf longshot and hit them one each they all ran away because they were scared so Robert went to find the team that needed help.

first entry yay!
i'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and i'm all out of ass
... wait wat?

wwwat?-wise words of lil jon

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:56 am

supersoakerman: No Nerf guns in this water warfare RP!!!!!!! And plus, why would they all run away if you fired one Nerf dart at one of them....? And I doubt Camp Water Warfare was advertised in the paper, asking for troops.

Let's just say that bit did not happen.

P.S. Don't worry Zeda, I'll just change the bits of the RP that I can.
Last edited by TheTyphoon on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm

First off, like TheTyphoon said, no Nerf Guns! Second, please don't make an entire paragraph a sentence. It needs editing, needless to say.

Edit: By the way, after we find the Advanced Water Rockets, and Eric fires one, where are we heading out to?
Last edited by lollerdude98 on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Come up with it! You can keep going with any new idea that you feel is appropriate. That is what is great about these RP's.
Quack damn you.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Ok then, I just wanted to give everyone else a chance to put in their ideas. My next segment is coming up soon! ;)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:18 pm

I got the perfect solution to that.

After the rebels retreated, they called for a whole backup team to come to capture Robert. Robert, in his taunting arrogance, narrowly escaped a bombardment of WBL's that went upon his position. It was too late though, the team had already come and captured him. To his dismay, after they donned their full uniforms, his modified Longshot had no effect on them at all.

"Nice try, eh?", said one of the Rebels in his full mask. "Trying to bring a Nerf gun to a water war, very clever." Robert was tied up, then a bucket of water was placed over his head. Its icy-cold water splashed down over him. The other captives were nowhere to be found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Betrayal Avenged" - August 11th, 2040; 11:00; Basement of The House.

A rally was called for all surviving independents to gather up together. Something big was planned and Zapper gathered up much of the group he trained with; Eric, EBA, and some others were amongst them. Zapper explained the mission.

"How in hell?", one of them asked. "They're all over this place; CWW is getting overrun and no one from the outside world seems to care.

"That's why we have to", said Zapper. The plan was already written out.

"Why can't we capture him instead?", another trooper inquired.

"Because he was working for the Rebels this whole time!", Zapper said after raising his voice.

"But we're talking about assassinating a founder, someone who played a crucial role to starting up CWW, someone who was-"

"Well that's too bad isn't it? I dug well into his history and he has collaborated with the Rebels on more than one occassion, long before the betrayal that took place in Reflex Field. And what makes you think we even have the means to capture him, given Rebel presence all over the camp? Even The House isn't safe anymore!"

"Oh, and Eric, I'm sorry it took this long, but I need to show you something."

Zapper brought up some files on the computer. Sure enough, Eric's father had collaborated in numerous projects with the Rebels, helping them develop numerous high tech water weaponry. However, the data that the Independents managed to stole proved to be helpful. Still, this would be a covert mission.

This particular Independent strike team was armed rather oddly. An old semi-auto WBL capable of firing 2.5" balloons to a range of up to 200ft, with a rate of fire of 3 balloons per second, was taken as the weapon of choice to take out the target. The WBL's hopper had to be reloaded every 5 rounds, and its air tank had to be switched every 20 shots. (The same WBL found on the Metal and Water scenario at iSoaker.) However, this particular version of the WBL had an improved design feature; it was almost completely silent in its operation. The CPS's that the other team members carried had low-noise nozzles designed to make the streams as quiet as possible. The operation was to take place at 23:00.

The target would be at Larami Estate, lodging there. The strike team made it over through the woods without being spotted. Getting through the Estate and to the room the target was sleeping in would be another story. When they got there however, it wasn't hard to figure out. A window on the second floor was left open and through the strike team's nightvision, they could see the nozzle of a Max-D 2000 sitting on the ledge.

The strike team set up a perimeter near the area. It could've been a trap, or it could've been carelessness. Either way, they had no choice. A ladder was silently raised and a troop carrying the WBL made his way up.

The WBL was a bit louder than expected, but what really woke up the Rebels was the sounds of the target yelling. After being pelted with a tank's worth of water balloons well within point blank range, the target rolled off his bed and fell onto the ground. The troop then switched to his Oozinator, loaded with acid, and unloaded the poison onto him.

Escaping was difficult. Using a "modified" soaker to burn Larami Estate down would've been a blatant disregard of honor rules of water warfare and the acid already pushed it too far. Even if the target survived the raid, he would not be able to fight nor even command and would be useless to the Rebels. The strike team escaped on the jet ski's, dodging patrols here and there, and almost made it to XP river before the Rebel blockade there pursued them. They had to stop and run for The House again. This time, The House was in their control. The strike team ran by the watchtower that faces Douchenator Bridge. The pursuing Rebels were gunned down by the guards there, unaware that the watchtower had switched hands. Other Rebels who climbed the fence in the dark woods were met with surprise by an Independent guard team in the woods who were also serving as a sniper unit at that time. It was a narrow escape.

Back at Larami Estate, Phorerunner laid on a stretcher as the Rebels struggled to revive him. They would eventually take him back to objective Alpha.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:30 pm

I just want to clear something up: Rebels = Rogues right?

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, that's right.

Got writer's block, so I'm going to be stuck for a while.
Quack damn you.

lollerdude98

Post by lollerdude98 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Loller had been deployed to Rushed Woods to eliminate any presence of Rogue Scouts residing there. Priming his CPS 1000, he set out slowly and cautiously. The capture of any Rogues would be vital to solving the mysteries of objective Alpha and Delta. An hour later, he still had not spotted any Rogues.Ok, think like a Rogue scout, he thought. What would a Rogue scout do if he was trying to find out info about the Independents? He would try to stay hidden. That's it! I've got it! Loller switched to the less known trails of Rushed woods.Sure enough, after fifteen more minutes of searching, he spotted a Rogue through his binoculars, coming straight in the direction of him. Judging by his face complexion, the Rogue scout wasn't worried, which meant that Loller hadn't been spotted. The enemy still wasn't in firing range,so Loller set himself up in an ambush position and waited.

After an agonizingly long minute, the target was in range. Loller emptied the entire pressure chamber of water onto the Rogue. It was a perfect shot to the temple! He threw a couple water balloons for good measure, but the Rogue was out cold. He quickly bound the Rogues hands and feet with rope, and put duct tape on his mouth.Stuffing the enemy's homemade minimized WBL in his duffel bag, he put the Rogue over his shoulder and started walking back to the House.

An hour later, Loller reached the House, arms aching. He met EBA and threw the still unconscious Rogue into his hands.

"You might get some info out of him, get him to the interrogation room. Also, here's the Rogue's weapon, if you want to study it."
"Well done, Loller." EBA said. However, we might need to get into some cover..."

About a hundred water filled party balloons flew toward them, as the Rogues artillery bombardment started.Loller and EBA began a full sprint to the House, water balloons just barely missing them. They both dove into the House with minimal soakage.EBA dumped the Rogue into an interrogation room and went for his trusty CPS 1500, while Loller went to one of the Houses windows to snipe at the incoming Rogues.
Last edited by lollerdude98 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:17 pm

After Loller left for his patrol, Zeda decided to see what they could find out from the chip. But just as he was sitting down in one of the back rooms, Juch yelled, "We're under attack!" Zeda grabbed his CPS 1000 re-release and a prototype water balloon launcher attatchment, and dashed over to help with the defense.
Quack damn you.

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:51 am

The Bison Tank rolled slowly down Water Bucket Trail, whilst other Rogues jogged alonside the relatively slow behemoth. Its turret was twice the length of the Elephant Tank's 1.5m turret, and it was much larger and intimidating. Whilst the Elephant was a non-threatening Navy Blue colour, the Bison was a jet black colour, and it didn't help much that its looks were Panzer-esque. Finally, the lumbering tank halted as it used Reflex field to go around the House, and then drove on to the car park, in front of the house. With no rush, the tank heaved its turret round at the Independents in the House...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're under attack!" Juch had shouted, and Chris awoke quite suddenly from a much needed sleep. In the moments of awaking, everything was a little muffled and dazing. He could hear people rushing around, grabbing weapons, filling weapons, scrambling to the windows; it felt rather much like shell shock, but it didn't seem to be worrying him. Finally a face appeared in his own.

"Come on! Get up now, we've got to defend the House!" said Fredcompany, giving him a light punch on the shoulder. Chris rose as quick as his aching muscles would allow, grabbed his CPS 2500 and stumbled down one of the House's hallways, looking for the bathroom where a tap would be. Still in a sleepy state, he tried to avoid the numerous other troops scrambling up and down hallways to get to different windows, and finally filled his blaster up. Priming it with a good 20 pumps, he got to the top window of the House, a little more awake now, set the gun to 10X, and fired half-tank bursts at the advancing Rogues, drenching several of them who would retreat due to the cold; it was midnight after all. After taking a few 20X Sniper shots to knock back more Rogues, Chris ran out of water and went to refill.

Just as he finished, Eric tapped him on the shoulder as they happened to be passing and said "I need your help - come to the back window, now!". They ran to the window facing Reflex Window, where there were no Rogues. "What? What are we doing here?" said Chris, confused. Eric simply began setting a rocket stand up however, directly below an open window which was on the slanted roof of the House. Together they set it up, attatched a Splash-Impact Rocket to the stand and fired it.

"Quick, go to the other room and help me direct it into the centre of the Rogue troops! This rocket doesn't have a camera!" Eric exclaimed hurridly. Chris ran to the other room, CPS 2500 on his back, and watched the rocket which was now a good 600ft above the Rogue troops, who had no idea. "I'm bringing it down now, give me some directions!" said Eric. Chris watched the rocket begin to descend....but it was going to be too far left to soak many of the Rogues! "RIGHT A LITTLE!" shouted Chris. Eric adjusted it ever so slightly....a "pwhoosh" sound and the rocket slammed into the concrete carpark, releasing water in a 10m radius. The Rogues staggered away into Rushed Woods. desperately trying to dry their soaked, heavy garments with small towels. The entire House burst into celebration as the black-suited enemy ran away. It was a victory!

The cheering died in seconds, however, as a monstrous engine noise approached the House. A large, black tank went around the House using Reflex Field, and stopped on the Car Park in front of it. Turning its turret towards the House, everyone dived away from the windows and hit the floor. A terrifying jet of water, its radius nearly a meter thick, blasted out of the turret, flooding through open windows and soaking every dry inch of what the unbelievable water cannon hit. People scrambled away from windows, and headed to the side of the houes furthest away from the unknown tank.

Loller pulled out a radio from his pocket. Zapper stopped him.
"Wait. A water balloon airstrike won't stop that thing....but I have an idea. Get that guy to simply fly over the place. Whilst the tank crew get their heads down, we'll all throw flour bombs, creating a cloud it can't see through. Then we'll get Zeda here," Zapper tapped Zeda on the shoulder, who seemed to have just been passing by, "to board the tank and capture the occupants.".

"What? I'm boarding THAT THING?!" said Zeda, his hands shaking a little.

Meanwhile, Chris snuck out of the back of the House with Juch and they made a hasty advance back over to Tiger Shark Shelter. The Elephant Tank might be of use here....