New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
zeda.beta

Re: New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Post by zeda.beta » Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 pm

That sounds like it is very time consuming. We could also supplement that map with sketches or drawings of our own, right?
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Thu May 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Can I join in?

Name: George
Nicknames: Fredcompany, Fred (just to confuse people)
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 45 kg (Yes I know - my BMI's 16.3 - i'm practically dead!)
Appearance/Clothing: Camo trousers + black T-shirt
Physical Characteristics: Tall and skinny, brown "mop hair"
Personality: Not really sure, however I write him really
Strengths: Thinks quickly, good at guerilla tactics, can quickly mod cheap water guns, can hack some computers
Weaknesses: Not very strong, sometimes gets "stuck" when thinking, slow at running, very short sighted
Primary Weapon: Cheap water gun with modded CPS 2000 internals and backpack
Backup: Small APH
Other Weapons:Two tennis ball tubes of water ballons, on belt
Gear: Not much, may add some later
Has access to: Woodland anywhere, army surplus supplies, workshop with water gun parts
Player History: Just joined SSC! Yay!
Last edited by Fredcompany on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu May 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Zeda, no you may not. =p I'm almost done with it though, just hold up and it'll be around soon enough. Besides, we're still getting people in the RP anyways.

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Sat May 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Yesss, just made it in! Saw this on iSoaker, and made an account here to get in. XD

Name: CJ
Nicknames: Gunny
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 60Kg
Appearance/Clothing: Green 3/4 Trousers, Black Short-Sleeved Shirt
Physical Characteristics: Medium Build, Blue eyes, brown "mop" hair
Personality: Focused, quiet
Strengths: Good at sensing traps/ambushes, quick sprinter, tactically skilled
Weaknesses: Slightly short-sighted (can't see details far away), can get "trigger happy"
Primary Weapon: CPS 1000
Secondary/Backup: Air Hogs: Vector (Signalling Device)
Sidearm: Triple Agressor Pistol (the small pistol on it's side, all pressured and ready)
Other Weapons: Periscope with Water Squirter (squirter is useless on the battlefield really though)
Gear: 1 x Water Balloon, 1 x Walkie Talkie, 1 x Binoculars
Has access to: Additional Telescopic/Plastic sights to lend out.
Player History: Several medium sized wars, came to the States from Britain to join the team.
Last edited by TheTyphoon on Sun May 30, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 pm

I've made some progress on the map again. Right now it's just click-click-click-click-click as I put the trees in place and after that it should be pretty much done unless I find something to do with the unused ground. It's unfortunate that the game won't allow for mass-planting of vegetation and it doesn't even run on a decent framerate, so it gets fairly slow to put the trees in at a realistic level of foliage.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun May 16, 2010 12:53 am

Ya, RC3 doesn't have the option to add lots of foliage like RC2 and RC1. You could just add a sign or something to say "forest" so you can finish it. I just can't wait to post!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun May 16, 2010 1:05 am

I don't remember a mass foliage option on RCT1.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun May 16, 2010 1:36 am

Only RCT2 had the mass planting option where placing a tree distributes several amongst random spots. That and the higher framerates of the game help create environments more quickly.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Sun May 16, 2010 6:47 am

try making it on Google SketchUp next time - it's free!
I'm a dude

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun May 16, 2010 7:39 am

I have other 3D modeling tools that I use which are also more powerful so I never bothered with Sketchup. Either way, 3D modeling is more tedious and IMO, not worth it just for showing off a map. On the other hand, there's people around I know majoring in game design and may be willing to make a water warfare FPS. Now THAT would be well worth modeling a battlefield for.

Today, I added a new feature to the RCT3 map. I don't want to spoil it away, but as you all know, the map is a water warfare training/recreational camp. And as you all know, both recreational and boot camps have obstacle courses. Stay tuned.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Fri May 28, 2010 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun May 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Sorry, my bad. I got confused between the games. RC1 and RC2 are pretty similar.

So your adding obstacle courses? I think I know what objects you're using for this from RC3.

Good luck finishing, and I hope it's up soon.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Here's another preview.

Preview Outdated, please see newer postings.

As you can see, it's almost done. However, I'd like to add some more vegetation and build a basic training area which will likely be located in Max-D Woods.

Now what's with the question mark you ask... Well from the satellite view you can see that it has a small pond and a small building. However, the area's been long abandoned and the few who have walked along Ambush Trail to find it have not returned. Were it not for the satellite view, few would even be aware of the area.

Juch, what objects do you think I'm using? (Just so I can get ideas; I've only used the bamboo building set (which doesn't look THAT much like bamboo") and the Chairlift so far and the Chairlift is only used as rope and for an odd-looking zip line. I don't have any custom objects around nor can I currently make them right now.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Sun May 23, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon May 17, 2010 3:47 am

Ha ha. Things are named after different water gun lines. Moarc Lake is especially funny. :p

I can see that building from the other preview.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 am

Yes, "The House" is the first thing I built whilst I pondered what to do. I couldn't think of better names or ways to identify map features so I went with soaker terms and what not. All names are subject to change and addition, though it's unlikely that I'll change any.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon May 17, 2010 11:50 am

Dude, that's a BEAST map. Better than any map I've ever made. And the features are great.

Now the objects I was talkin' about I think come about in with that WaterPark Pack (I don't know if you have this or not). You could add a tire swing type thing to swing across the river (These are adventure theme I think). And there are also these crates and rocks you could use to build a training areana type thing.

Some criticsms for the map is that there are no changes in elevation or hills. No advantages for wars. Also, no cabins for campers unless you are using the main house or the smaller houses around the camp. And that means that there are only like 10 campers.

EDIT: I just saw your advanced training area on the map so forget somethings I said.
SPLASH! You're dead!