New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
JuchTurtles

Re: New Role Playing Thread (RP)

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon May 24, 2010 11:58 am

Wow, what a map! I think that it looks great.

My war team is the Ocean Volcano Union if you want to put that on the names or whatever.

Can I continue the story?

Btw, my character (Juch) is not at Camp yet so don't put him there please.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Mon May 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks C-A_99 - I guess I didn't read TheTyphoon's post thoroughly enough.
I'm a dude

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Mon May 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks for the new intel/photos, C-A. I'll be reposting that first part of the story I did here once I've edited it to fit the story, and I'll delete that old story from the previous page.
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon May 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Can we continue the story? Btw, EBA (my other character) is at camp just to let you know if you wanted to use him.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:35 pm

I'll write up something else that's a bit more specified. The Zen Warrior's course isn't intended for most recruits and is far more strength and physical fitness and does nothing for tactics and movement which are taught first.

Edit: Fixed bold.

"Another day at the office."
Camp Water Warfare, Laminator Field
March 31st, 2040; 1100

It was unusual for Phorerunner to be directly assisting in training the large group of new recruits. Him and the entire camp leadership had been uneasy long before the 10th anniversary celebration last week.

"RECRUITS! Get in line for the Dodge Choker! Double Time!"

Several recruits lined up. Eric (formerly Fred, renamed profile), Joe, CJ, Joop, Juch, and Bubba were amongst them and nervously waited. In front of them was one of the field's stationary water cannons that no one was operating. It was connected to a sensor and set to aim and fire automatically. Directly in front of the gun, a square was marked with yellow lines in the grass. Each trainee had to step inside, stay inside, and dodge the gun's firing for 30 seconds. The dryest got to leave and proceed to the jet ski race taking place at Moarc lake. The rest would have to run two laps around the camp's trails before going to watch the race. A quick scan was done after each player went through the test so that those who went first wouldn't have a chance to dry off before being checked. The scans went to a water resistant laptop that was sitting on a cardboard box nearby.

Joe was first in line...
Last edited by C-A_99 on Tue May 25, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon May 24, 2010 11:49 pm

That was supposed to be in bold.

Mike drives into the parking lot of Camp Water Warfare. His friend had suggested that he spend a couple weeks there and learn about water fights. His friend is a water fight freak that wants Mike to learn water warfare. Also, he had read an email that Bubba sent him requesting a product made. He had a couple empty places in his factory, so he thought he'd tell him at the camp that he can have a few things manufactured for him. He signs in and then starts walking around the camp looking at stuff.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Tue May 25, 2010 11:55 am

No, Juch wasn't at camp! Oh well, EBA won't be instead I guess.

Tricky Business
April 2, 2040
*brapa inc.*

EBA slammed the door of Juch's old jeep and climbed into an old van that was stopped, but going into the perimeter of *brapa inc.*, a company that was covering something up.

EBA slammed the door behind himself and then the van sped up; driver unnoticing of the new passenger he'd just received. EBA pumped his 40th edition CPS 1500 and set it on the 10x nozzle.

After the steep drive up to the factory, the van stopped, the driver got out, and then he walked to the back of the van. EBA pointed his cannon in that direction as the driver oppened the door.

Frightned, the man ran away, and EBA was easily able to exit the old car.

Even though, it was nighttime, EBA's eyes had accustomed to the new light level. There were guards with CPS 2000s throughout the toothed, castle-like roof.

EBA took the next route in. He got into the running van and drove to the unloading station of the factory. He was greeted by guards with CPS 1000s but thay did not give him any trouble. He was considered to be an employee.

EBA entered into a narrow hallway, and then came into a large hall with a 108" LCD, 3-D, television and red floors. The television showed cameras supervising everything around the campus.

First he saw the seeds and the people doing things to them, but then, after scanning the other screens, he saw a picture of himself.

"Halt!" Right then, in an unnoticed wheely chair, a man turned around with two MXLs.

To Be Continued...
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:02 am

I just took a whole ton of screenshots (including screenshot of classified portions of the map) just a moment ago and they are higher quality than the ones from before. I've also detailed building floor plans so we can go by them. Also, the CQB course is finished.

One thing I didn't do was the nighttime screenshots however. I'll get to those in another post. and they will only serve to get the feel for the lighting of the nighttime.

I will edit the screenshots into this post briefly.

Edit: I got the nighttime shots, I'll upload them along. (The ones that aren't classified at least. =p)

Edit: It's taking far too long to upload and I have to switch computers. I'll have to upload everything tomorrow. Sorry.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Wed May 26, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 am

Bubba is getting impatient waiting in line for his turn.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:23 am

It was the most exhausting 30 seconds Joe had gone through. He was drenched almost completely and was certain he'd have to make the run after. Jack had the turret soak the ground before he came up so that he wouldn't have as much of an advantage going first.

Some of the other trainees were a bit surprised at Bubba's impatience and jumpiness. Even though Jack did not bring over the regular drill sergeants to assist with the exercise, he wanted it to get done orderly. Bubba was last in line and finally, his turn came.

He walked up to what was once grass. Now it was grass clippings, kicked dirt, and very soaked. It wasn't fair, but Jack wouldn't care. Bubba had to be ready and do it right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't you dare move!", the man with the Monster XL's said quietly. EBA quickly put his hands up, causing his 1500 to hang on his shoulder. He replied, "I'm just here to check Brapa's stockings of the MB-3's. The Rogue, mind you, needs enough of your new generation CPS's to organize their operation which is happening soon. So, are you going to waste both of our times here or are you going to let me do my job?"

"Make it quick. Stockings are recorded on the public computers in room 105. If I so much as suspect you of going anywhere else, the Brapa security team will have a 30X going up your nose before you even twitch your head in the wrong direction."

EBA moved upstairs towards the room. Sneaking around would be too risky so he had to make his way through without being suspected. He got into the room, which was very clean and mostly empty. The room's management program spoke over the speakers. "How may I assist you?", it said. EBA replied "terminal access, full boot, isolated network access to management.stockings.MB-3. "Coming online now.", the AI replied. A displaybox came up from the wall, and a keyboard and mouse was drawn out. Brapa was still using their same 20-year old equipment running on silicon chips, and even the displaybox's 3D did not work much better than the 3D LCD's of the 10's. He quickly pulled out the small data drive he was carrying and quickly plugged it in before the terminal could finish booting up. The program on the data drive quickly interfaced with the computer's kernel and began copying itself over. In a few seconds the transfer was finished so EBA quickly removed the drive.

No alarms were sounded, so the "virus", if he could call a self hacking AI that, did the job right. The AI quickly gathered suspicious information on Brepa's operations, which EBA tracked from his PDA. It wasn't able to decrypt the access needed to get some of the top-level data, but it was able to gather the algorithm and brute force it. Brepa's AI did not flag the process usage that EBA's AI was using, since EBA's AI was successfully able to pass off as another routine task. However, it was taking a fairly long time which made EBA a bit weary as he left the building.

Edit: Juch, I apologize if I stopped whatever you were planning for that story.

We should avoid muitiple simultaneous stories when possible, so someone should close down the training story soon but make it interesting.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Wed May 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Good start so far guys - the story seems to have much more depth than I could have thought!

April 3rd, 2040
"You Picked a Hell of a Day to Join Up"

CJ trudged back to the House after another of Phorerunners large-scale mock wars. He was stressing the vitals which CJ swore he knew from wars before - quick aiming, tac-pumping/shooting, maneuvering with a back up buddy, all the same tactics. But Phorerunner was doing something even stranger - he kept stressing for the recruits to stick together when heading anywhere. It was like he feared for them to make a mistake, despite the fact that the recruits had already had experience; they would not be here otherwise. Nevertheless, Phorerunner put emphasis on guerilla tactics and stealth - something that CJ had heard was uncommon teaching at Camp WW.

Slugging his CPS 1000 onto his back, CJ trudged down the lane, approaching the House. All of a sudden, rustling to his right. With reactions and instinct bred into him by the recent training, CJ spun around to the right in the blink of an eye. He checked left, and right. Nothing. Apart from in the distance, south....he could see two outlines....

CJ dismissed it for the night.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Why the HELL did you dismiss a possible enemy, CJ?!!" shouted Phorerunner, clenching his Max-D 2000, as he and CJ sat in an interrogation room, 2 hours after the incident.
"Sir, in due respect, it may have been nothing-"
"THAT kind of thinking gets you drenched whilst you sit wondering what damned hit you!"
Phorerunner took a few seconds to cool down, pacing the dark room, realising his excessive anger from fear. "What, recruit, did you see exactly? ANY details."
"Sir, I saw two possible heads popping up from long grass. If they were holding weapons sir, they were....odd."
Phorerunner paused, intrigued.
"Odd? How?"
"Well, I can say that they were green with red markings. Couldn't see nozzles from that range sir, but it looked as if their blasters could manage nozzles of up to 70X."
Phorerunner sighed. All he could do was log it and accept that.
"Very well, trooper. Get yourself some rest. Tell the rest of the recruits that tommorow...we'll be doing a tracking and spotting exercise, along with the Camp veterans too."
CJ paused; it was finally a chance to meet some of the best at the camp in a real exercise working with them.
"Yes sir."
"And CJ," Phorerunner added as the young Trooper left, "Watch your back on the trail back to the House. Stay silent. Keep your CPS One-Kay ready."
CJ paused in a spot of anxiousness and fear.
"Yes sir."
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:16 pm

(Continued from above.)

EBA returned to the camp to be debriefed at a special meeting room in The House. The camp had recieved all the files they needed for the time being, but kept everything strictly classified. The debrief was quick and EBA was not told on exactly everything he wanted to know, but didn't care too much. He was just glad that the software that George provided worked for the operation.

New Profile:

Name: Zach
Nicknames: Zapper, Rambo, Walking Turret
Height: 6'
Weight: 190lbs
Appearance/Clothing: Wears camp uniform along with the rest of the camp leadership crew.
Physical Characteristics: Large and fairly heavy
Personality: Often loud and on rare occassions, careless.
Strengths: Able to dual wield heavy primaries, carry two backpackfuls of water, and still be able to carry some equipment and supplies for the squad. Able to effectively operate WBL's singlehandedly (except for large slingshot launchers)
Weaknesses: Slow, as to be expected.
Primary Weapon: Any CPS/Monster. Prefers CPS 3200, 2000, and 2500.
Secondary/Backup: Same as above.
Sidearm: Max-D 6000, Flash Flood, and similar blasters. Does not use pistol-sized blasters as sidearms as often.
Other Weapons: Carries 3-man balloon slingshot and a few extra soakers for the team.
Gear: 10 .5L bottles, usually carries 3 gallons of water at a time out of a specialized backpack that has a valve for others to refill from.
Has access to:
Player Role/History: His team playing role has helped numerous squads in successful water warfare operations in the past. He is currently an officer at Camp Water Warfare and often trains and assists fellow squad members.

(Continued from above)

The new training routine had been very vigorous, no thanks to Zapper's modifications to it. After several exercises in the newly built CQB course, it was time to hit the Zen Warrior's course. Thanks to his intensive training, Zapper himself was able to make it through the course, though he fell a few times as Phorerunner was in charge of having him run through it.

However, now was the time to get the recruits to climb the course. Phorerunner ensured that all liability forms were filed safely into a secret underground area of The House.

The training went ok. Most of the newer players who never went through it fell off several times, but Jack was oddly encouraging instead of barking at them for their mistakes. Zapper also assisted with the training, but they would have to shoot at the trainees with the ground's turrets another day. Now, the only thing that matters is getting everyone down the zip line.

Eric was the last one up the zip line. He attached himself on when suddenly the cable snapped from the other end. It was too late though; he was falling down and had to act quickly. He immediately detatched the lock and fell into the water just inches from hitting the wooden wall around the pool and suffering a concussion.

Just as he landed in the water, several war cries were heard. People in camo and face paint charged out of Buzz Bee Woods. They were also carrying black water weapons that no one could recognize. Eric quickly swam to the base of the zip line tower while the others charged out to form a line of defense. A water balloon flew from the trees and smacked Joe on the side at a very high velocity, causing him to fall over unconcious while the rest of the terrified group ran. Phorerunner stayed behind to stall the attack. He detatched a turret from it's stand and used it to fend off the attackers who kept pursuing him. "Up the zip line tower, move it!", he ordered Eric. He quickly followed up while shooting at the attackers. When they reached the top of the tower, they grabbed the Flash Flood and XP 310's that were available and loaded up there, and fired upon the attackers who were climbing up. One by one, they fell, making a loud thud as they hit the wooden platform and landed into the pool. Eric was ordered to go backwards along the balance beam while Phorerunner swung down the zip line that wasn't cut. He fired at several attackers with the FF in one hand, using its drilled stream nozzle and they fleed back into the woods. Phorerunner landed and quickly rush towards the middle tower. A few attackers were left and climbing up the middle tower. Eric fended them off, but one attack was climbing up the first tower and making his way over. Phorerunner had to act quickly before the attackers got to Eric.

Phorerunner charged up the platforms to the mid tower quickly, pushing some attackers into the water and barely dodging the powerful streams coming from their strange blasters. One of the attackers climbing the tower fired a riot blast towards him, which he dodged with a backflip. He then quickly fired the Flash Flood's riot blast at the climber. He was the last one and barely finished fending off the attackers when the one who went up the first tower was well on his way over the rope towards Eric. Eric quickly tired and shot at the attacker with the XP 310, causing him to loose his balance and fall into the water.

Eric quickly jumped down the tower, with Phorerunner assisting his landing. The two quickly made their way out of the area. "We have to rescue Joe!", Eric noted. However, Joe was long gone; he had been taken away by some of the attackers and was nowhere to be found in Buzz Bee Woods. They had no choice but to return to Water Bucket Trail.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:07 pm

New Pictures.

Code: Select all

Updated Overview:

[url=http://img413.imageshack.us/i/shot0001by.jpg/][img]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7027/shot0001by.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Thew new Riot Blast CQB course located on point T on the older overview map.

[url=http://img89.imageshack.us/i/shot0003i.jpg/][img]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2082/shot0003i.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Riot Blast Course isometric view:

[url=http://img18.imageshack.us/i/shot0004nf.jpg/][img]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7852/shot0004nf.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Riot Blast Course top view:

[url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/shot0005k.jpg/][img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/175/shot0005k.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Riot Blast Course, another view of larger area:

[url=http://img227.imageshack.us/i/shot0006v.jpg/][img]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9305/shot0006v.th.jpg[/img][/url]

And another view showing part of the rest of the camp:

[url=http://img339.imageshack.us/i/shot0009m.jpg/][img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9565/shot0009m.th.jpg[/img][/url]

First floor only:

[url=http://img263.imageshack.us/i/shot0036m.jpg/][img]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6559/shot0036m.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Another first floor view:

[url=http://img153.imageshack.us/i/shot0037y.jpg/][img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7083/shot0037y.th.jpg[/img][/url]

View of The House and Reflex Field.

[url=http://img17.imageshack.us/i/shot0010ky.jpg/][img]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/164/shot0010ky.th.jpg[/img][/url]

The House, first floor views:

[url=http://img263.imageshack.us/i/shot0033f.jpg/][img]http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/143/shot0033f.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img143.imageshack.us/i/shot0034q.jpg/][img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5586/shot0034q.th.jpg[/img][/url]

The House, second floor views:

[url=http://img340.imageshack.us/i/shot0031c.jpg/][img]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4333/shot0031c.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img155.imageshack.us/i/shot0032n.jpg/][img]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5804/shot0032n.th.jpg[/img][/url]

The new watchtowers:

[url=http://img404.imageshack.us/i/shot0011zy.jpg/][img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9369/shot0011zy.th.jpg[/img][/url]

New watchtower located in Laminator Field:

[url=http://img80.imageshack.us/i/shot0013s.jpg/][img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1313/shot0013s.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Lakeside Barracks in detail, missing the street lights in all daytime pictures.

[url=http://img295.imageshack.us/i/shot0015.jpg/][img]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8133/shot0015.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Lakeside Barracks floor views:

[url=http://img228.imageshack.us/i/shot0052g.jpg/][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5395/shot0052g.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img243.imageshack.us/i/shot0053o.jpg/][img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/193/shot0053o.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Lakeside Barracks, Orca Shelter, and a new watchtower:

[url=http://img532.imageshack.us/i/shot0014y.jpg/][img]http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/9324/shot0014y.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Lakeside Barracks, Orca Shelter, and Reservoir Barracks:

[url=http://img580.imageshack.us/i/shot0017d.jpg/][img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1632/shot0017d.th.jpg[/img][/url]

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed May 26, 2010 11:08 pm

New pictures, continued:

Code: Select all

The Stonehead fountain. Used as a refill source, several of these are spread around the camp.

[url=http://img121.imageshack.us/i/shot0018m.jpg/][img]http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1597/shot0018m.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Interior of Reservoir Barracks. Reservoir, Pressure Chamber, and Piston Valve Barracks all have the same interior layout, just different wall colors.

[url=http://img84.imageshack.us/i/shot0019c.jpg/][img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7039/shot0019c.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img708.imageshack.us/i/shot0020g.jpg/][img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3540/shot0020g.th.jpg[/img][/url]

New watchtower on Water Bottle Trail. Hard to see in the new ovewrview pic; it's a small brown square almost in line with Ambush Trail.

[url=http://img411.imageshack.us/i/shot0021a.jpg/][img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7429/shot0021a.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Larami Estate:

[url=http://img293.imageshack.us/i/shot0024d.jpg/][img]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5552/shot0024d.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Interior view; basement of Larami Estate:

[url=http://img690.imageshack.us/i/shot0025d.jpg/][img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2315/shot0025d.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Larami Estate interior, first floor staircase:

[url=http://img228.imageshack.us/i/shot0026h.jpg/][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1444/shot0026h.th.jpg[/img][/url]

L. Estate interior view, attic:

[url=http://img405.imageshack.us/i/shot0027w.jpg/][img]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6089/shot0027w.th.jpg[/img][/url]

L. Estate basement floor views:

[url=http://img532.imageshack.us/i/shot0050a.jpg/][img]http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/6811/shot0050a.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img84.imageshack.us/i/shot0048.jpg/][img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3029/shot0048.th.jpg[/img][/url]

L. Estate first floor views:

[url=http://img185.imageshack.us/i/shot0047y.jpg/][img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2333/shot0047y.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img697.imageshack.us/i/shot0045f.jpg/][img]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1023/shot0045f.th.jpg[/img][/url]

L. Estate second floor views:

[url=http://img534.imageshack.us/i/shot0044j.jpg/][img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9291/shot0044j.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img708.imageshack.us/i/shot0046y.jpg/][img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8537/shot0046y.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Piston Valve Barracks floor views:

[url=http://img20.imageshack.us/i/shot0038q.jpg/][img]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2977/shot0038q.th.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://img218.imageshack.us/i/shot0039.jpg/][img]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6955/shot0039.th.jpg[/img][/url]

I will upload the park file and video after this. The video may take some time and will be 720p on youtube.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 pm

"Darn it! It's finally my turn and now the alarm goes off for some emergancy!" Bubba heads for The House where he is informed that the training course was attacked. He also meets Mike, who informs him about the factory.